Respected Contributor

Re: What was your Senior Quote?

We did not have a senior quote, but we did have a quote that I remember from elementry school that went something like this "The difficult we do right away, the impossible may take us a little time."
Valued Contributor

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."-Tolstoy

Pretty insightful for a 17yo in 1994, lol.  

But being an adult and thinking back on that quote over twenty years later, I actually understand that quote more now than ever.

Respected Contributor

Don't remember a senior class Miro but high school moto was "Enter to Learn, Go Forth To Serve".
Esteemed Contributor

I am going to give you a today Senior quote, but I am not the author of it.  "GETTING OLD IS NOT FOR SISSES".

By the way, I still have two of my Senior yearbooks from high school.  Sixty five years ago, 1951,and 1954.  A poster on here said they didn't,t have them 45 years ago, they did in SAN FRANCISCO high schools.

Esteemed Contributor

@Helen852 wrote:

We didn't even have a year book, 45 years ago let alone a senior quote. I thought this also referred to a 'senior moment' ....  great minds think alike!!!

I had one in 1951 and 1954.  Still have them today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

High School:

"There's nothing so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength."

College:

"Animals are such agreeable friends, they ask no questions, pass no criticisms.

Honored Contributor

We didn't have them. 

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

I am going to give you a today Senior quote, but I am not the author of it.  "GETTING OLD IS NOT FOR SISSES".

By the way, I still have two of my Senior yearbooks from high school.  Sixty five years ago, 1951,and 1954.  A poster on here said they didn't,t have them 45 years ago, they did in SAN FRANCISCO high schools.

I have my Mom's yyearbook from 1942.

Honored Contributor

My yearbook from 1956 is in one of three storage units.  I have no idea if I had a "senior quote," but if I did, I don't remember it.

I'd really like to forget all about high school.

I don't know if I was shallow or shy, but I did not get involved in any school activities and except for English, Spelling and Grammar, Typing, and Steno, I did not do well in other subjects.  I was a depressed teenager for a lot of reasons.

After giving the class an IQ test (which they stopped doing long ago), the teacher announced I had the highest IQ in the class and then looked at me and said "what a waste."  It was certainly not my proudest moment.

I did better later in life.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

My Senior quote recently: Don't make old people mad, b/c first they don't like being old and it doesn't take much to p*ss them off.