Esteemed Contributor

Re: What was the last tune you listened to lately?

"The Superbowl Shuffle" on Amazon music

It's not the '85 Chicago Bears version, but a good version.  Talk about "good memories"

Esteemed Contributor

Fix a drink by Chris Janson🍸

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

"Monster Mash"

Oh, I love Monster Mash!   What fun song with a catchy tune.  Smiley Very Happy

I think the last thing I listened to was this cover of 'The Sound of Silence' by a group called 'Disturbed'.   It is hauntingly beautiful and brilliantly done.   I've probably listened to it 15 or 20 times since a friend from another board turned me on to it.

ETA - here it is in case anybody else wants to hear:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

@chickenbutt

Wow! Just WOW!!! What a FANTASTIC cover of one of my favorite songs ever! I don't usually like covers, especially of classics like The Sound of Silence, but this guy knocks it out of the park! I've listened to it several times already - thanks so much for posting this!

You sound just like me when I first heard it!!   I could not get enough and, as I just mentioned to the dooB, it's just mind-blowing with headphones.

I actually bought it on iTunes to put on my iPod so that I would have it forever.    Plus I have the link saved so I can also revisit it on my computers.

I, too, have always loved this song and am such a major fan of Simon & Garfunkel.   I also have all their music on my iPods.

I'm so happy that you loved it like I do!   It's just so beautifully brilliant.   I had not heard of this band before this.   I love his powerful voice and the band!   I love violins and just the whole thing.    Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt

I, too, listened with headphones and just can't stop playing it and will definitely buy it.  I graduated from high school in the 60's during Simon and Garfunkel's prime and have loved their music forever.  Several years ago my husband and I were lucky enough to Simon and Garfunkel in concert.  I had never heard of Disturbed either!

I'm so jealous!    I always wanted to see them and never ended up with that opportunity.   I guess I'll be happy with being able to listen to their music whenever I can.    How wonderful is that!  Smiley Happy  I sometimes wonder if people who leave a legacy are appraised at how much it means to so many others and how they make our lives better

@chickenbutt

They were so good!  As D*ck Clark once said, music really is the soundtrack of our lives.  It hits on every emotion.

Esteemed Contributor

The Holly And The Ivy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itsmetoo wrote:

@chickenbutt

They were so good!  As D*ck Clark once said, music really is the soundtrack of our lives.  It hits on every emotion.

That's sure the truth!  There are a handful of songs that make me cry, if I hear them another thousand times.   Always make me sob.

There are some that make me feel so good.  I actually LOVE to listen to ABBA music.    It makes me want to just act silly - clap my hands, dance, and I'm smiling from ear to ear.   This = Priceless!!

I struggle with PTSD, anxiety, and clinical depression.   If I am starting to fall into the hole, and make the conscious decision to pull myself out, one of the things I can do is listen to some ABBA, or find something on tv to make me laugh.   I have to move my consciousness to a better place and the arts are so meaningful.  Smiley Happy   I also love classical music - the big stuff like Tchaikovsky.   

Honored Contributor

"What a Wonderful World"  ... Louis Armstrong.  Every day staple here.  We'll listen to more later, but that's our "Go To" song. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

Steve Perry's new CD, Traces.  I've been waiting 30 years for it!!

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@chickenbutt

That's sure the truth!  There are a handful of songs that make me cry, if I hear them another thousand times.   Always make me sob.

There are some that make me feel so good.  I actually LOVE to listen to ABBA music.    It makes me want to just act silly - clap my hands, dance, and I'm smiling from ear to ear.   This = Priceless!!

I struggle with PTSD, anxiety, and clinical depression.   If I am starting to fall into the hole, and make the conscious decision to pull myself out, one of the things I can do is listen to some ABBA, or find something on tv to make me laugh.   I have to move my consciousness to a better place and the arts are so meaningful.  Smiley Happy   I also love classical music - the big stuff like Tchaikovsky.   

I am the same way with what I watch on TV.  It has to be happy.  Has to be happy.  I think it's you who watches Lucy and the Golden Girls, too? 

There are episodes of GGs that I have to switch off (Rose has to be tested for AIDS, and Sophia may not be Dorothy's mother....).  Can't watch those!!! 

And the one Lucy where she thinks they forget her birthday and she hooks up with the *Friends of the Friendless* in the park and they march to the club and wah lah SURPRISE party for her. 

Lucy is crying as Ricky sings to her.  And I'm balling my eyes out, too.  

I'm such a wimp.

Spongebob never lets me down!Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

For some unknown reason, Eva Cassidy's rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow hit me like a sledgehammer, out of nowhere, about a week ago.  I can't get it out of my head and have been continulously playing her CD and singing it.  Gone too soon she was.  If you've never heard it, go to Youtube.  Man, what a voice and so much promise before she was taken way ahead of her time.  

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@chickenbutt

@chickenbutt

I am so sorry about your health struggles and certainly understand how ABBA can help.  It's such upbeat music. If you haven't seen the live musical Mamma Mia! on stage and ever get the chance, don't miss it!  It's terrific and has people dancing in the aisles.

I love classical music too.  I love almost all kinds of music except for Rap.