Esteemed Contributor

Our "go to" grill is a Santa Maria charcoal grill.  This is a specialty grill only found on Central California Coast.  You can buy them anywhere in Central Coast (even Costco has them seasonally).

Regular Contributor

I live alone and have the small Weber Q1200 grill that uses the small propane cylinders.  Love it for the warmer months; in the winter I just purchased a Ninja Foodie grill with temperature probe, expensive but worth the price.  

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Out door grills, what type,and brand do you have?I live alone except for my dogs, i have a weber gas grill, but getting the gas filled has become a problem for me.

I'm in the same boat. I bought one of the small George Forman electric grills, it's perfect and the food taste the same as the old grill, which I had to get rid of too. You can put a lot on this grill. I bought it from QVC, it's small but probably will hold as much as you would want to cook. I believe it was $99, as a special, and has a nice cover for it. They will be having it again I'm sure, just check .

Honored Contributor

@aunt bea wrote:

I live alone and have the small Weber Q1200 grill that uses the small propane cylinders.  Love it for the warmer months; in the winter I just purchased a Ninja Foodie grill with temperature probe, expensive but worth the price.  

DO YOU HAVE THE STAND FOR IT?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I don't have one anymore.  Well, I might have one of those mini Weber ones somewhere, now that I'm thinking about it.  But, anyway, when I did it was usually a Weber charcoal grill.

Personally, I never liked the gas grills because the food tastes like gas to me.  I don't like gas-tasting food.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest - I was in the same position as you last year. I did sell my Weber grill and my daughter and son-in-law happened to be staying with me for a while and they are fond of grilled food. 

So they went on a quest for a smaller portable/table top one (to be used outside). They found the perfect one!

You can get it at Walmart and it is not expensive but works great. It uses one of those smaller little tanks. It is sturdy and the foods tastes as good as it did on my bigger Weber.  We couldn't believe how well it worked. It has enough power, btu's?, to get the good browned outside and cooked inside

It is called Expert (Expert is the name brand)Outdoor LP Gas Barbeque Grill. 

FC1B64AD-3514-4208-85C1-74BFD11E971E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Basic Weber that we use occasionally. And a monstrosity of an upright smoker DH bought eons ago and we never use.

One time some guy claiming to be a junk metal trader was in our neighborhood and was peeking in everyone's back yards (brave man) and offered to buy it from us. He would have taken it away right then. Missed my big chance to sell it off, but I didn't want to deal with the aftermath if I had done such a thing: "But I might want to smoke a ham sometime!"

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Weber gas grill with three burners. We are extremely pleased with it. I'm going to suggest something like the George Foreman electric grill for you. A few years back QVC offered one on a stand to set out on the patio. My single neighbor man bought it and it serves him perfectly with no L.P. tanks to handle.

Respected Contributor

Re: What type of grill

[ Edited ]

@patbz , Saw your post. Ordered from Goleta costco with instacart. Ordered tritip. None to be found. Guess it's the go to food for us central coasters. lol.

Honored Contributor

We hve a Weber gas grill with a natural gas line to the house so we don't have to deal with refilling tanks.