Trusted Contributor

Re: What type of exercise do you do?

Wow I read every post and I rarely do. I am so impressed. 

Respected Contributor

Fitness has been a daily priority ( almost daily) all my life. I just constantly keep it at the top 3 of every day.  But I never go to gyms, shlepping there and changing clothes, paying for memberships, all negatives to me.  

My routine:

I walk the dog vigorously and for at least 30 minutes whenever weather allows.  If not, I have a treadmill in front of a tv, so that’s a backup.  I also use exercise DVDs, many times  a week and I love yoga ( I do go to a class once a week), or do yoga DVDs.

Essentially, I do whatever I feel like each day, but the key is to MOVE in some way, every single day ( that I’m not sick).  

Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I run about 5 days a week for a total or around 100 miles a month Smiley Happy

Deb

@SFGIANTSGIRL

That is the mileage I ran to train for my fastest 5 and 10k road races. Won many age group(over 50) 1st place medals in several 2 mile runs. Less mileage for me translated in to faster time times in 1-2-3.1-6.2 mile road races. About 25 miles per week got me faster and injured much less often the my higher mileage training.

hckynut(john)

I am transitioning this year from 49 to 50.  I took a handfull of age awards over the last 3 year but I think moving into the new catagory is going to help me.  I am running around a 7.50 mile right now.

Smiley Happy

'Deb

Trusted Contributor

Dear Preds, You are sooo FUNNY! Thx so much for the great laugh you gave me & I'm sure many others. Also, you're not alone, no one listens to me either when I go on one of my rants, which is quite often. At least you amuse people, I can't even do that, lol! 

Trusted Contributor

Another LOL post, thank you!!!Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

I used to walk, but then I had complications after foot surgery, so I purchased the Aero Pilates Reformer and use that at least 5/6 days a week.