Esteemed Contributor

Re: What to wear to a school play

Jennifer looks like she's on the red carpet for one of her movies.  Inappropriate for sure, she would get attention even  if she dressed like mom Jennifer. She  didn't have to dress like that.  I agree with another poster she shoulda stayed home, let the parents have the night.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

Jlo was way too overdressed. I can’t believe she needed to one up her own step child. She had to make sure she got all the attention! I never did care for her. I can’t figure out where her talent is because I don’t see it. JMO
Trusted Contributor

Jennifer lives with her daughter.  She would have told her mom what to wear if it was any different than normal. 

Super Contributor

My take on this from being involved for 6 years in the Performing Arts parent group, perhaps, as one said, Jennifer was involved back stage.  Probably not.  Dress codes are very different now than when I grew up!  I am in my mid 70's and dress attire on Super Bowl Sunday and other major sporting events in Church amazes me!

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't have the slightest idea what's expected of stars attending school plays nor do I have any idea what kind of school the children attend.  They may be dressed quite appropriately for the role they play and where  they are playing.  There's no time someone like these parents is not on stage -  just ask the paparazzi!

Honored Contributor

JLO was overdressed, and Jennifer Garner was underdressed. I think Jennifer Garner is very pretty and should have put a little more effort into her outfit. I know she probably doesn't want to draw more attention to herself, but a little bit more effort would have gone a long way. 

JLO has always been this way and probably always will be-at least she was there!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Jennifer's dress is nothing like what she wears on the red carpet. Her dress for the school play is very conservative for her. 

At the Met Gala 2023

Jennifer Lopez

Honored Contributor

@mamaslittlepotato wrote:
Jlo was way too overdressed. I can’t believe she needed to one up her own step child. She had tomake sure she got all the attention! I never did care for her. I can’t figure out where her talent is because I don’t see it. JMO

@mamaslittlepotato Hate to disagree, but I think you have it backwards:  Her talent is exactly where you can see it! Woman EmbarassedWoman Wink

Honored Contributor

@mamaslittlepotato wrote:
Jlo was way too overdressed. I can’t believe she needed to one up her own step child. She had tomake sure she got all the attention! I never did care for her. I can’t figure out where her talent is because I don’t see it. JMO

@mamaslittlepotato Hate to disagree, but I think you have it backwards:  Her talent is exactly where you can see it! Woman Embarassed

Trusted Contributor

Looks like something me or my friends would wear to brunch, certainly not red carpet formal.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson