Esteemed Contributor

What to use to take urine smell out

My senior cat went on a sofa pillow and me. Never did this before. Any thing at a store

/

Also thanks for information on matted fur. She is better now, she comes up and lets me brush her hair each morning now. Seems to like it done.

Honored Contributor

Re: What to use to take urine smell out

Nature's Miracle. They sell it at the chain pet stores like Petsmart and Petco among other places. There is one specifically for cats. Sorry your senior kitty had an accident. Poor baby. Glad the brushing is working out though.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

If she does it again, take her to the vet, as she may have a urinary tract infection. When my kitty was a senior, one day she tried to pee on my brother's coat which he had tossed on the bed. As soon as I saw that, I knew something was up, because she had never had any behavioral issues her entire life. Sure enough, she had a urinary tract infection and antibiotics cleared it up ASAP. The vet said that the sign of an infection is when they try to go in unusual places.

Good luck! Smile

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you-off for a walk to Pet Smart. Will watch her closely.

Honored Contributor

I agree with nature's miracle but you can get it online at places like Amazon for a whole heck of alot cheaper than instore.

Super Contributor

Nature's Miracle
Honored Contributor

On 3/11/2015 HappyDaze said:

I agree with nature's miracle but you can get it online at places like Amazon for a whole heck of alot cheaper than instore.

I wouldn't want to wait the two days even Prime shipping takes since the OP obviously doesn't have any. I have bought it online before though, when my stock was getting low and it was on sale.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

I use Spot Shot for pets (or regular one if not worried about toxiccity to pets). Follow directions on can or spray bottle. What I do is spray then let set a few seconds then wipe and repeat until nothing more comes up off carpet. Then let it dry a day or two. I usually put something near the spot so I will know where to go back. Then once completely dry I sprinkle baking soda and then brush it into the carpet. I do not put a lot just a little bit. You can wait then vacuum. But I let it set there until my regular vacuuming. If on tile or laminate I wipe right away until all is up with paper towel (I will add it is always best to seal grout often). Then I will take vinegar in warm water and wipe clean. I like using baking soda and vinegar when cleaning because neither are toxic to pets or kids. They are two products I stock up on because they are both something my grandmother and my mom used always along with Clorox bleach. I use baking soda on stubborn stains on pots and pans, in my laundry (especially whites), grills, lots of things actually. I use vinegar to clean and sanitize my refrigerator, pet messes and use it to clean my Keurig. Read more online on these products and you might be stocking up on them as well. They are great products to stock up on especially if you are on a tight budget and don't have money to spend on numerous other cleaners.

Contributor

Another cleaning tip. You can use cheap Vodka cleaning the bathrooms or to go over areas you cleaned already and want to sanitize. Actually, it can be used to sanitize just about anything. It does not stain carpets or towels, etc. like bleach can. I keep cheap Vodka on hand as well. Funny thing is I do not drink alcohol but my stash has been known to come in handy when having parties. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

Use an enzyme based product for the best results 

@halfpint1.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••