Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Yes I agree to some exent a GOOD time slot already gives a host a leg up on success, BUT combine a good time slot with a host that's the most amicable and pleasant to watch with the majority of the viewers and would QVC'S sales BE EVEN HIGHER that is the question!!!!  🤔

There are some shows no matter how good the time slot is I just will NOT watch because of the host ....Saturday Morning Q for example (and Im not talking about Alberti)....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

Yes I agree to some exent a GOOD time slot already gives a host a leg up on success, BUT combine a good time slot with a host that's the most amicable and pleasant to watch with the majority of the viewers and would QVC'S sales BE EVEN HIGHER that is the question!!!!  🤔

There are some shows no matter how good the time slot is I just will NOT watch because of the host ....Saturday Morning Q for example (and Im not talking about Alberti)....

@Spurt   I hear you, I have to turn off Mon. night at ten because of Shawn.  It's the only night that I try and watch but after Amy and Courtney, I'm done. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: What to do ?

[ Edited ]

QVC is a retailer and their business is selling products and if there's a sales person that's annoying to the majority of customers and impacting QVC's bottom line that's a problem....Telling people not to watch or grab your remote isn't going to help QVC's sales and revenues especially when they are continuing to decline!!! Someof QVC's sales people  need to tweek their presentation style (and most of it is simply---curbing the family stories, or not calling your co-host "honey" or stop trying to talk like teenagers (fri-yay etc etc_.)...primping and posing, not doing their homework on products, interrupting vendors, dont wear several shirts on top of each other so you can model, let the models model etc etc)...these are doable corrections that can be made and would make show viewing more enjoyable and enhance the possibility of MORE SALES!......and thats what constructive criticisms on the Forums (with the exception of a few that the Moderators will take care of that are just unkind and irrelevant)

.....Every job has some sort of evaluation, where the employee is given reccmendations/suggestions on how to improve your job performance and make it even better....The company exists for the business/customers NOT the customers/business exist for the host to have a fun job.......and some hosts try to make their sales job seem more important and view it as their own personal celebrity show than what it really is....And some hosts come across as being disinterested in their job--but they like the salary.....And lets be honest some people's personalities/talents are just arent suited for certain jobs....like sales

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

This is what I want to hear. Instead of other posters saying to just change the channel, I want QVC to tell me to change the channel if I don't like the host's presentation style. Right. I'm sure that's part of their grand business model and how they think they will ultimately sell more product. Annoy your customers to no end and run them off from even watching. GET REAL! 😲 

People complain here because they want to watch the channel, and to make purchases, and to enjoy the experience as they've done for so many years. But that's becoming harder and harder to do! It's very frustrating. And, yes, there is one particular host who does get a lot of criticism...and deservedly so at this point in her career. She did not act like this years ago and she doesn't need to now.

The person at QVC who is in charge of hosts and the current on air pairings and presentation style really needs to listen to what is being said here and take heed...before it's too late.

@pupwhipped 

download (2).jpg

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

This is what I want to hear. Instead of other posters saying to just change the channel, I want QVC to tell me to change the channel if I don't like the host's presentation style. Right. I'm sure that's part of their grand business model and how they think they will ultimately sell more product. Annoy your customers to no end and run them off from even watching. GET REAL! 😲 

People complain here because they want to watch the channel, and to make purchases, and to enjoy the experience as they've done for so many years. But that's becoming harder and harder to do! It's very frustrating. And, yes, there is one particular host who does get a lot of criticism...and deservedly so at this point in her career. She did not act like this years ago and she doesn't need to now.

The person at QVC who is in charge of hosts and the current on air pairings and presentation style really needs to listen to what is being said here and take heed...before it's too late.

@pupwhipped  It seems not everyone likes or dislikes the same hosts. How should that work? Whose likes and dislikes should QVC listen to? Maybe send questionnaires out and go from there? I see many likes and dislikes that I don't agree with at all.

@proudlyfromNJ 

We all know what the definition of insanity is---doing the same thing and expecting different results---thats when Qurate needs to start experimenting with lineups and shows and comparing sales, and experimenting with customer suggestions (not all of them, trying a few)..... Because their fianancials are not going in the right direction and the bottom line is the bottom line! 

Respected Contributor

But what good does it do to constantly bash the hosts (one in particular) day in and day out?  The same complaints have been expressed here for ages and nothing has changed so the PTB must be ok with how things are. And what happens is these complaints usually end up turning into personal attacks on said host that IMO are just mean, i.e., putting down how she looks, her weight, her hair and makeup, and even saying mean things about her kids. That's not ok IMO.

Honored Contributor

What few orders I place are because of online shopping, not from watching presentations.   I pay little attention to the hosts, and guests.   

I question the merchandise quality, and think in terms of Big Lots buyouts with many items.   Saves me lots of money.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ. I don't have the answer as I recognize we all have different host faves and fails. That will never change. But the presentation style for the hosts has changed drastically. For instance, for me personally I don't need them to be my best girlfriend wine drinking buddy, or some speedy speaking comic genius, or the oversharing neighbor who tells me every, single, solitary thing she and her family are up to that I'm not the least bit interested in! And I don't want them yelling at me, either, with total desperation in their voice....as someone else here once described as the "selling like your pants are on fire" approach. I could go on but will end with what I feel is the dumbest move of all. Pairing two hosts together to present every single item together. Oh such togetherness! In doing so, QVC's virtually pitting one against the other. Oh, and then throw in the vendor and let's just ALL talk all over each other! Makes for a most uncomfortable viewing experience. 

Of course, my opinion only. And I realize having shopped with QVC for over thirty three years that I have gone from a young person to an old person in that span of time. I have changed. Everything has changed. And this company likely doesn't even cater to my age group anymore or even care what I think. But I have absolutely loved shopping with them over all these years and truly hate to see what is happening to them. I said in another thread that I'm as big a die hard QVC shopper as you could ever find. And to run me off would be quite the accomplishment on their part. But, sadly, they are doing just that. 😞 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

But what good does it do to constantly bash the hosts (one in particular) day in and day out?  The same complaints have been expressed here for ages and nothing has changed so the PTB must be ok with how things are. And what happens is these complaints usually end up turning into personal attacks on said host that IMO are just mean, i.e., putting down how she looks, her weight, her hair and makeup, and even saying mean things about her kids. That's not ok IMO.

@KKJ 

The just plain mean remarks are when the Moderators do their job.... sometimes people helping the moderators are the problem and that just results in escalation of a thread when merely reporting a remark would resolve the issue..Or similar to turning the channel--ignoring the post would do.

I dont think Qurate is really satisified especially when you see quarter after in quarter in decline---and there have been several changes at the Executive level too (Qurate was helped some by the pandemic and people staying home and watching more TV but that seems to be over for Qurate) Read Liberty Interactive's (Qurates Parent Company)CEO Greg Maffei's press conference to the stockholders he's the one thats honest! .....Qurate's Execs may make excuses but the Exec to the Exec wont....and some of Mr. Maaffei's remarks have been pretty honest in saying certain brands not living up to expectations (although the name of the brands were kept in confidence just like host's sales numbers) ......And maybe you've touched on the heart of QVC's/Qurates problems---perhaps they should listen to the complaints that come up over and over again---Im talking about just the true constructive ones...

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

QVC is a retailer and their business is selling products and if there's a sales person that's annoying to the majority of customers and impacting QVC's bottom line that's a problem....Telling people not to watch or grab your remote isn't going to help QVC's sales and revenues especially when they are continuing to decline!!! Someof QVC's sales people  need to tweek their presentation style (and most of it is simply---curbing the family stories, or not calling your co-host "honey" or stop trying to talk like teenagers (fri-yay etc etc_.)...primping and posing, not doing their homework on products, interrupting vendors, dont wear several shirts on top of each other so you can model, let the models model etc etc)...these are doable corrections that can be made and would make show viewing more enjoyable and enhance the possibility of MORE SALES!......and thats what constructive criticisms on the Forums (with the exception of a few that the Moderators will take care of that are just unkind and irrelevant)

.....Every job has some sort of evaluation, where the employee is given reccmendations/suggestions on how to improve your job performance and make it even better....The company exists for the business/customers NOT the customers/business exist for the host to have a fun job.......and some hosts try to make their sales job seem more important and view it as their own personal celebrity show than what it really is....And some hosts come across as being disinterested in their job--but they like the salary.....And lets be honest some people's personalities/talents are just arent suited for certain jobs....like sales

Extraordinarily well said, @Spurt!!!!!