Esteemed Contributor

I know very little about computers. This month my chrome has changed. I used to have emails from companies etc. Now they show something else to sign up free. I am so mixed up so any help would be appreciated. It was so simple before. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: What to do about my laptop

Hey @halfpint1 

We're going to start at laptop computer 101.

A laptop has an operating system which makes the laptop work.  I would guess that you are running Windows 10. 

Most laptops that with a Windows 10 operating system came with an internet browser called Edge.  I know mine did and I made the choice to install Google Chrome as my internet browser.  Chrome is what allows me to search for and find things on the internet.

In order to get emails, you have an email program.  For instance I have an email account that is very old with MSN.  I also have an email address with AT&T Yahoo.

Chrome is updated often and I am using Chrome on an older desktop computer that has Windows 7 operating system and I am using Chrome on my laptop computer that has Windows 10 operating system.

When Chrome is updated I don't have problems with MSN or AT&T email accounts.

QUESTION:  What email program are you using?  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@halfpint1   Try going to Outlook.com and signing up there.   It is free (microsoft)........and REALLY easy to use.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

My son was over and he showed me--over 700 emails. I hate change when I am doing fine with what is.

Honored Contributor

Yea @halfpint1  that many emails could cause issues.  I get lots of junk emails or emails from stores always trying to sell me something.  I check my email every day and check who the email came from and I delete, delete, delete.

You gotta be careful because some emails look official and they are not.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, BirdMamma!

Don't get me started re: Edge.  Long, miserable story.

I'll try Google Chrome.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).