Honored Contributor

Re: What the Heck is Pinterest?

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

A place to collect things that I am never going to make or try LOL

I'm not interested either @nun ya

@itiswhatitis

It's not Google, unless they sold and kept it quiet.

It's owned by a group of Mormons.

"Pinterest is a privately held company that is owned by Benjamin Silberman, Paul Sciarra and Evan Sharp. Pinterest is managed by Cold Brew Labs, Inc., a company that was founded in 2008 by Silbermann and Sciarra. In the fall of 2013, Pinterest was worth an estimated $3.5 billion dollars."

https://www.reference.com/technology/owns-pinterest-27dd464f49d4efe9

Respected Contributor

I use Chrome and when I'm searching something I get a lot of results from Pinterest.

Honored Contributor

Pinterest is what you make it.  You can have boards about history, travel plans to France, anything you want.

As for calorie laden food, that too is what you make it.  My daughter has a board for healthy recipes she collected and I've made quite a few. 

Honored Contributor

I tried Pinterest twice. Just never cared. I found it too "busy" for me every time I went to the site. Sometimes too many choices=never mind.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Pinterest is what you make it.  You can have boards about history, travel plans to France, anything you want.

As for calorie laden food, that too is what you make it.  My daughter has a board for healthy recipes she collected and I've made quite a few. 

Yep, I have one for spiralizer recipes and a million other boards on a wide variety of subjects. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

I tried Pinterest twice. Just never cared. I found it too "busy" for me every time I went to the site. Sometimes too many choices=never mind.

Hey @Moonchilde just a quick note to you before I go offline I have a board for just Mexican Food recipes alone.  I love to collect them, cook them, then gobble them up.  Love your signature line. Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Hey @Moonchilde just a quick note to you before I go offline I have a board for just Mexican Food recipes alone.  I love to collect them, cook them, then gobble them up.  Love your signature line. Heart

@beckyb1012

Born and raised in CA, Mexican food is a part of my diet like burgers & apple pie - I don't even think of it as ethnic cuisine, it's just almost-daily food. And living in an area that has a Mexican restaurant 2-3 to a block and the population is 55-70+% Hispanic, easier for me to buy than cook, though I make pretty mean green chile enchiladas ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Pinterest helped my mom a ton when she was picking out finishes for the new house build. She was able to show decorating what she liked and it when very smoothly. Plus when she picked out granite and countertops she was able to type the name of the granite see how it actually looked in a room instead of just samples.

Regular Contributor

Pinterest is great. I use it for classroom ideas and activities for my students. I like it for crafts and home ideas too. I've gotten a lot of great recipes too. I like it for exercises also. 

Respected Contributor

I can't even say it right lol

I have an account but I never go there.

I like it but I find myself bouncing around from place to place.

It's very pretty but I know I won't do 99 percent of that stuff.

i admire the people that do though. Smiley Happy