A place to collect things that I am never going to make or try LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What the Heck is Pinterest?

Computer "crack".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pinterest is such a Time Waste...and that's coming

from someone who loves their social media.  

It's like going to a large bookstore,

while standing at the racks & racks of magazines.

Looks promising w/ the possibilities!

Lots & lots of bright pretty pictures trying to

get your attention, then finding not much content &

you leave frustrated because you can't find anything. 

Trusted Contributor

@MezzieStarr

That's funny - because everytime I tried to purchase something on Pinterest I never could.  I gave up on it because it seemed like a huge giant waste of time if you were interested in purchasing stuff. 

Glad people find the site useful, because I sure didn't Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My DIL is a cadbury creme egg addict and buy them for her for every gift giving occasion.  I found the below on Pinterest and made as a surprise for her.  It was so good and with 15 large cadbury eggs in it and on it I could not begin to count the calories.  I enjoyed every bite and took one piece home with me and left the bulk of the bundt with her and my son.

Melting middle Creme Egg bundt cake recipe - goodtoknow

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I'm not a huge Pinterest person but when DH and I redid our countertops, I went into Pinterest to look at backsplash and other decorating ideas to match our specific granite.  As others said, I was looking around for quite awhile.

I have a friend who has made some fabulous holiday centerpieces all from what she saw on Pinterest. 

Honored Contributor

Pinterest is a time-s/u/c/k

If you are the type of person who likes/liked thumbing through magazines, you will like Pinterest.

I was never a magazine person, the only time I look at Pinterest is around Christmas-time to get decorating ideas.    On a decorating scale, if Martha Stewart is a 10, then I'm a minus 2, so you can imagine I don't spend a lot of time decorating.

I don't even go there for recipes, like other posters have mentioned it seems to be all about attention getting items, not anything practical.    How many Cadbury egg bundt cakes can you eat??

All the chicks at work stay on it all day.

When they are supposed to be working.

Like me & QVC, LOL

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I've looked at Pinterest and "pinned" things.  However, it has changed and it's no longer any good, IMO.

I won't even click on it anymore. 

And speaking of clicking, sometimes I'll have to click on something 4-5 times and I know it's not good for my computer to do that. 

Pinterest has also made it very hard to log out of the website; hate it. 

@Sunshine Kate I agree it has changed. I liked the old format, not this one. I use it for parties, family gatherings and barbecues. Find fancy holiday drinks and appetizers, etc.

Respected Contributor

I use pinterest I have public and private boards. 

Honored Contributor

Funny...lol   Just go to Pinterest.com and see for yourself.   I love Pinterest,  I spend more hours there than I care to admit.   I have boards for every phase of my life.  Some are for real things but most are dream boards.