Honored Contributor

Re: What the Heck is Pinterest?

Many of their recipes seem like a contest to see exactly how many calories you can stuff into four square inches.  The person with the most wins, and I'd never guess you could create a dish so laden with fat and sugar. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have looked at it a few times and agree that it is overwhelming, confusing  and difficult to use and understand.

Honored Contributor

I love going in to look at things.  When nothing else is going on I go in and have a look around. You can type in your interests and all sorts of things pop up. I enjoy it and go there fairly often.

Esteemed Contributor

You get to learn hw to make things like this.....LOL

car.jpg

Honored Contributor

I use it to keep recipes in one place , not printing or saving to a file on my drive. 

was using it for a lot of other stuff, not so much now,  

it's all useful for cleaning tips and things like that

Honored Contributor

Re: What the Heck is Pinterest?o

@KathyPet wrote:

I have looked at it a few times and agree that it is overwhelming, confusing  and difficult to use and understand.

I so agree with you, @KathyPet.  Not only that....when you google a particular interest or company, you are sometimes automatically taken to Pinterest.  Then it asks for a sign in and then you have to remember it (which I don't) or look for where you might have saved your login info.  Very frustrating.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Pintrest is a giant visual bulletin board, I was looking for hair styles so I went to Pintreat and collected photos in my file, which I was able to download on my phone to show to my stylist

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I went in there for Baby shower ideas and games, and also for looks of Bronde hair looks.I ended being in there for several hours. It is very addicting.......I love it, but I don't go in there that often really......

Respected Contributor

I've looked at Pinterest and "pinned" things.  However, it has changed and it's no longer any good, IMO.

I won't even click on it anymore. 

And speaking of clicking, sometimes I'll have to click on something 4-5 times and I know it's not good for my computer to do that. 

Pinterest has also made it very hard to log out of the website; hate it. 

Honored Contributor

I love it and have many boards.  I have the most pins for my recipe boards and have categories from brownies, cakes, casseroles and a board just for Holiday recipes ect...  I prefer to keep all separate so I know just where to go luck to pull up the pin. 

I take a new recipe off of Pinterest every Thanksgiving and Christmas and try it with all our old favorites.  My family loves to see what the New will be each year.  I was clueless in the beginning since I did not know anyone yet who was on the site but I am big addict/fan now.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."