Esteemed Contributor

Re: What the Heck is Pinterest?

When I'm looking for a clothing item or something of that nature, it always comes up on pinterest.  I go there (trying to see) sometimes, I can, but with no detail on where to purchase.  

I thought I could buy things there.  Bwwwahhhhh. Woman Frustrated Don't need a social community to do scrap booking dang it.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@RedHead handbag queen wrote:

You can use if for many things such as recipes. My daughter uses it for crafts. I use it for outfit ideas, you can type in black sweater with jeans and pics come up with different ways/accessories.

Now this I could understand @redhead handbag queen.

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor

I've been there for 6 years.  I have over 10,000 pins Woman Surprised

I think I have a problem Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

If the OP was puzzled by the MO of Pinterest, I can't wait until she gets to Snapchat.

Trusted Contributor

@itiswhatitis you can buy things there.

There are millions of buyable Pins on Pinterest, from great brands like Macy’s, Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus, and thousands of shops and retailers powered by Demandware and Shopify.

On Pinterest, blue means you can buy. If you see a Pin with a blue price, you can buy it right from the app.  
Esteemed Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

@itiswhatitis you can buy things there.

There are millions of buyable Pins on Pinterest, from great brands like Macy’s, Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus, and thousands of shops and retailers powered by Demandware and Shopify.

On Pinterest, blue means you can buy. If you see a Pin with a blue price, you can buy it right from the app.  

Ewwww yaaaaaaaaay!  Now that's right down my alley @MezzieStarr.

*Call Tyrone*
Valued Contributor

I love pinterest... Great exercise pins. Shabby Chic ideas. How to save money each week. It is a fun place!!!

Valued Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

You can use if for many things such as recipes. My daughter uses it for crafts. I use it for outfit ideas, you can type in black sweater with jeans and pics come up with different ways/accessories.

Glad this helps, I should also add that when you register you pick some of your interests that show in your feed and one of mine is dogs so I have cute pics of puppys whenever I need a pic me up.

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Esteemed Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

Glad this helps, I should also add that when you register you pick some of your interests that show in your feed and one of mine is dogs so I have cute pics of puppys whenever I need a pic me up.

@redhead handbag queen thank you so much.....

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I find pinterest frustrating.  I go there for ideas and the ability to possibly purchase....but when I click on something I like it seems like I reach a dead end.  There is no resolution....just pictures/ ideas.