Esteemed Contributor

What is the purpose of this website?  Does anyone know?  Curious.  Can't seem to search for something via images w/o it coming up.  I go there but in order to view anything they want me to create an account.  I would, (maybe) if I knew what it was....

*Call Tyrone*
Valued Contributor

Re: What the Heck is Pinterest?

You can use if for many things such as recipes. My daughter uses it for crafts. I use it for outfit ideas, you can type in black sweater with jeans and pics come up with different ways/accessories.

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Respected Contributor

So - what is Pinterest and how does it work? Pinterest is a social network that allows users to visually share, and discover new interests by posting (known as 'pinning' on Pinterest) images or videos to their own or others' boards (i.e. a collection of 'pins,' usually with a common theme) and browsing what other users have pinned. Using a visual orientation, the social network is very much focused on the concept of a person's lifestyle, allowing you to share your tastes and interests with others and discovering those of likeminded people. The social network's goal is to "connect everyone in the world through the 'things' they find interesting." Users can either upload images from their computer or pin things they find on the web using the Pinterest bookmarklet.

Valued Contributor

Pinterest is a giant rabbit hole that sucks you in with pretty pictures that you click and click...until you notice many minutes have zoomed by AND spoiler alert..when you try the recipe, it NEVER comes out like the picture on Pinterest...lol

Basically, it's another social media sharing app

Honored Contributor

Be careful @itiswhatitis because you may get hooked. Smiley Happy

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I only go there for a very specify interest, like vertical planting ideas, if you go there for a broader subject like gardening......you'd be there all day, lol.

Honored Contributor

have had it for a number of years now, but i do like many forms of social media. i consider it my online scrapbook that can be shared. i have many categories and organize my information, likes, recipes, hints, books, and much more in one easy place.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

its an endless black hole from which you may never return....but you will know how to make/do everything on earth 

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 That's what I call it, "my scrapbook". I love going to Pinterest!! I look for recipes, crafting, decorating, yard, clothing ideas. The possibilities are ENDLESS!! I also call it "my happy place". 

Trusted Contributor

@JaneMarpleoh my yes it is!!!! addicting! I get confused though at times maybe it's my ipad but I sometimes get lost as one page closes in err then a new page opens ...not matter what comes on... it seems to ALL be of 'interest' to me LOL.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky