Trusted Contributor

She has every right to be concerned. I would defintely be concerned especially if it happened in my neighborhood! 

Respected Contributor

I also live in a large city between a police station and a large hospital complex.  Around here, we'd call that Friday.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

You in Cal.?

@SharkE ....Cat LOL I'm in socal. Typical for this area.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 ....I don't think you could survive in my neck of the woods. Cat LOL This is pretty much a daily thing where I live.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

ever see any movie stars ?  LOL

Honored Contributor

Maybe you will hear about it on the news.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

I’ve had similar things happen and never find out what happened. With all the lights and emergency vehicles you’d think whatever it was would make the news but no...

Anything in this area that makes the news, well, I’ll be home and sleep through it! 

Respected Contributor

I didn't take it as a gripe, at all.   Sounded like curiosity to me.

Esteemed Contributor

This is not unusual in NYC. Not news material here.  Happens in my somewhat sleepy neighborhood.

One morning a few years ago, I was in the Times Square area on foot, as I usually am (traveled there on the subway then), and saw about 40+ police vehicles go by.  No exaggeration.  THAT got my attention.  Had to stop and watch, did some counting.  Times Square not that busy early in the morning.  I ran into a police officer, gulped (they can be brusque, stay out of the way kind of thing), approached him and asked what was going on.  He told me they were doing some type of exercise.  Not in the news.  It was frightening to see and hear.  Memories of 9/11/2001.

Respected Contributor

The only time this activity makes me nervous, is when I hear siren after siren, with a helicopter circling low over my subdivision. That's never a good sign.