Honored Contributor

What subject do you like to read about or type of movie?

I like a good mystery, 

Honored Contributor

Re: What subject do you like to read about or type of movie?

Mysteries and suspense.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

Make mine a mystery. There are plenty of them on TV. 

Esteemed Contributor

Books:  crime drama, murder mystery, psychological thriller, ghost story

Movie, TV:  comedy.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Psycological thrillers and biographies.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fiction: fantasy and sci-fi, and historical fiction.
Non-fiction: lots of different interests.

ETA:   for TV ....

I'm generally tuned into the Science Channel (absolutely fascinated by shows such as "How the Universe Works), EWTN or BBC America when they are showing Planet Earth marathons.

Concerts of PBS stations (we have 3 here)

Honored Contributor

I love biographies....people in the history of our government, historical figures, and others. I don't read books about people in current news if I don't like them in real life. 

As far as watching movies or tv.... I'm hooked on true crime stories. I finally started streaming Discovery Plus so I could access ID.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Books:  Definitely non-fiction - Favor American history, Founders debates when they were writing the Constitution.  World War II.  The rise and fall of American companies. 

Movies:  I can appreciate all genres depending on whether I think they are well done or not.  Prefer those from the late 1920's through 1950.

Honored Contributor

Reading:    Anything on interior design, especially traditional, eclectic, Art Deco, or midcentury modern;

theology with a reform or Calvinist bent, must be 'watered down' for me to understand!

history and biographies of people I'm interested in, including entertaining show biz tell-alls

classic fiction-- all-time favorite authors that I return to are George Eliot, Austen, Trollope, Willa Cather, Henry James, Edith Wharton

moderns and short story authors--  Alice Munro, Laurie Colwin

essays and social observation--  John Updike, (prefer his essays to his fiction), William F. Buckley, Diana Trilling, Thomas Sowell, Mollie Hemingway, Mark Steyn

detective fiction--  Sue Grafton, her entire alphabet series; anything by P.D. James

Movies:    Film noir, early Forties up to about 1958 when the classic period ended.  The very occasional "later" noir, like "Chinatown",  "Night Moves",  or "L.A. Confidential".

Esteemed Contributor

I like to read a vareity of subjects.  Every time I start a new book, it's totally different from the one I just read.  Same thing with movies, I have a lot of different interests.  I do tend to like true stories the most though.