Respected Contributor

Re: What show or movie just brings you to tears?

@child prodigy wrote:

The movie Pearl Harbor, all of the scenes of the bombing, the horrific injuries and deaths, the drowning of the men trapped in the ship, the hundreds of caskets and the grief of the families and the survivors.

Also Unbroken.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen the movie 'Pearl Harbor' but I visited the site once and it was so amazing how you could just feel it.  

I never knew anybody who was lost in Pearl Harbor, but I was profoundly impacted by the time I spent there.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@orangegarnet wrote:

@corita wrote:

So many, I find that I tear up fairly often, sometimes just the music will get me started!!  Bambi immediately comes to mind....when the mom deer dies... so sad!!  I also loved Bridges of Madison County...at the end...stuck in an unhappy marriage.  Also Affair to Remember with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr...oh my...when they finally get together!!  The movie The Notebook...that "together death" ending!! 

LOL I had no idea that's how The Notebook ended, as I never got around to reading the book or seeing the movie- now I know! 

-------------------------------------

Oops, so sorry.   That movie has been on TV many times in the last two years.  I've seen it at least five!!  It really is a good story....

Honored Contributor

@lulu2

@Caaareful Shopper

Thank you for introducing me to Alfie Boe.  I just watched him sing "Bring Him Home" on YouTube, a song I have loved from the very first time I heard it.  Wow, what a beautiful voice and his rendition brought tears to my eyes.  I had never heard of him prior to now and I can't believe that's the case.  I will be researching other YouTube tunes sung by Mr. Boe.  Superb voice.

I have to share a story which is not meant to be at all demeaning to Mr. Boe.  We have a one year old cairn terrier whose name is Alfie.  Until last year we had a cairn named Brodie whose nick name was BoBo I often call Alfie "Alfie Bo Bo" especially when he does something that is so like our beloved Brodie.  This is what brought your posts to my attention and why I read them.  Wow, just Wowie.

So, again, thanks for your posts.  I'm so happy I read them. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Movie:  I'll Cry Tomorrow, starring Susan Hayward.  Need a box of Kleenex when it's on a channel that runs old movies.  Great performance by Susan.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

"The Way We Were" and "Beaches".

Respected Contributor

My Dog Skip

I can't even make through the opening monologue anymore. I'm pathetic!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

Hachi with Richard Gere. 

Even my elderly dad cried when he watched that movie.

For me, it Hachi, and 8 Below.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@lulu2

@Caaareful Shopper

Thank you for introducing me to Alfie Boe.  I just watched him sing "Bring Him Home" on YouTube, a song I have loved from the very first time I heard it.  Wow, what a beautiful voice and his rendition brought tears to my eyes.  I had never heard of him prior to now and I can't believe that's the case.  I will be researching other YouTube tunes sung by Mr. Boe.  Superb voice.

I have to share a story which is not meant to be at all demeaning to Mr. Boe.  We have a one year old cairn terrier whose name is Alfie.  Until last year we had a cairn named Brodie whose nick name was BoBo I often call Alfie "Alfie Bo Bo" especially when he does something that is so like our beloved Brodie.  This is what brought your posts to my attention and why I read them.  Wow, just Wowie.

So, again, thanks for your posts.  I'm so happy I read them. 

@AnikaBrodie I absolutely adore your "Alfie Bo Bo" story!! That made my day!

I have the DVD of Alfie Boe in that London Les Miz stage concert. After today's posts, I'm going to watch it again tonight!

Respected Contributor

The Ghost & Mrs. Muir, it was on TCM recently and I taped it to set and watch when I have the time.  I've always loved that movie.

My Dog Skip too!