Esteemed Contributor

Re: What’s your strangest Amazon purchase?

Now i have to go and check Amazon for some of these ¨strange¨ things.

My entire family buys something on Amazon every day but it´s always practical things.  I have 6 items to check. Can´t stop laughing.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain 

the top of the head comes completely off of both butter boy and butter girl.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

Ok, I'll go first.

About a month ago, I ordered twist ties from Amazon,  100 twist ties.  Just plain old twist ties.  

I use them all the time to close bags of shredded paper so I can take it to recycling. 

I was down to my last twist tie and desperate times call for desperate measures. LOL, so I ordered them from Amazon.

I think that's my most off the wall purchase. Anyone else?

Google eyed springy glasses to take pics of my dogs with. Sadly there is no real way to keep them on them to get the pic. Just had a thought I could crochet a strap. I'll add that to my list of 4000 other things I need to make. 

Honored Contributor

This is something that I did not know existed.  Ice cube trays with lids.  Absolutely love them.  I live in an apt. so I don't have the luxury of an ice maker.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Sage04I hope your nephew gets a good laugh!  I'll tell you, sometimes the whacky and silly gifts create more fun, good laughs and fond memories than the big ticket gifts.  Have fun! 😀

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie  Ahhh, o.k.!  Thx!

Trusted Contributor

A pair of thigh high chicken leg stockings

Respected Contributor

Dog Tag  "S " hooks. The ones that come with the dog ID tags are thin and dont last. These are like the ones that come with the annual  licence once on, impossible to open.  Need a pliers  to attach. Now I have a big bag of them. Lol.

Interesting Thread.

Trusted Contributor

@madzonieToo funny!  😂

Esteemed Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:
Google eyed springy glasses to take pics of my dogs with. Sadly there is no real way to keep them on them to get the pic. Just had a thought I could crochet a strap. I'll add that to my list of 4000 other things I need to make. 

You probably don't want to know, but Amazon has a large inventory of eyeglasses for dogs with back straps for under $10.  Maybe could be easily adapted to your springy glasses...

I have bought several of the things that others have bought, including a tape measure, covered ice trays, cedar sachets for my shoes, and toilet paper!  I have bought tons of organizing things, at cheaper prizes than the Q, including little shelves to go in the bathroom, so I have things where I need them without a remodel.  I bought one for my hair styling products (blow dryer, curling and straightening irons), which is great so I don't put hot plugged things where they can cause harm, and extra bath supplies just off the tub so I can reach out without getting out! 

Love Amazon!