Super Contributor

Re: What’s your strangest Amazon purchase?

[ Edited ]

Great topic @gidgetgh !  And I have a feeling I'll be ordering some more strange items from Amazon based on the inspriation I find here Smiley Very Happy

Here are two of my favorite "whimsical" purchases.  I have a whacky sense of humor I guess!

First is the burrito blanket.  It was a lightning deal one day and it just struck me as funny.  It's actually a favorite blanket in my home now!

burrito.jpg

More recently is the squirrel feeder.  This provides me with hours of entertainment and gives the naughty squirrels something to do beside terrorize the actual bird feeder.

squirrel.jpg

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh I love this thread.

Let's see - besides the axe my DH ordered from Amazon....strangest purchase was a wood flooring repair kit - last year we noticed a little bounce in 1 area of the kitchen flooring.  DH tried the repair kit.  Did not work.  Then he noticed the leak under the sink and the rest is kitchen gut/remodel history.  (I'm so glad this glue did not work!)

Capture.PNG

Trusted Contributor

wifi card

Honored Contributor

I bought this gadget called Angry Mama ( I even waited for it to come back in stock). It’s to clean the inside of your microwave. You add vinegar and water and put it in the microwave for about 7 minutes to loosen particles in your microwave to clean it easier. I find it doesn’t work well, and the smell of vinegar is strong.

Super Contributor

The handle on a recliner that pops up the foot rest. I found my newest puppy had gnawed in to a fine point ! Amazon had the perfect replacement !

Esteemed Contributor

Clips to hang decor on vinyl siding.

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Carmie  How do you use that egg thing?  I've never seen that!

It's like a little potato masher for eggs.  I use it to mash egg yolks for egg salad or deviled eggs.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

probably my butter boy and butter girl. just got them this summer.

butter boy2.jpg

butter girl.jpg

@sunshine45  they are so cute. I love them!!

Esteemed Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

Several years ago, my daughter said she wanted a rain hat for Christmas.  As a joke, I gave her the one below.  And yes, I did give her a nice, real, rain hat, too!  Both were ordered on Amazon.  😀

714768PohcL._AC_SL1482_.jpg

P.S., I also gave her the wiper glasses to go with the hat!

images.jpeg

@LdyBugz  I´m taking notes of all of these strange buys lol. My 27 year old nephew will love this rain hat. He has a birthday coming up in a few weeks. I will get it for him as a joke.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

probably my butter boy and butter girl. just got them this summer.

butter boy2.jpg

butter girl.jpg

@sunshine45  they are so cute. I love them!!

Does the top of his head come off, or does it fold back?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr