Respected Contributor

Re: What's your morning beverage ?

Regardless of the season or how hot it is when I get up; I must have a cup of hot coffee.  But after I'm dressed and watching Good Morning America until it's time to leave for work, I like a glass of cold iced tea. 

Esteemed Contributor

Coffee/OJ

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

just one cup first thing ... a nice strong one.  then usually one more cup later after my walk and shower.   but some days, it's just one.

funny tho, because i used to be an all day coffee drinker, and would even have one cup before bed.   about a year ago, i found myself with a really bad sore throat, unlike any other that i have ever had.  it was only for one day, but i absolutely could not even THINK about coffee ... all i wanted was a soothing cup of tea with honey.  actually, i didn't have honey, so i used agave.

that began my love afair with tea.  

so now, just before bed i have a very special cup of tea, which i positively adore! 

i still can't believe that i was able to 'let go' of such a huge coffee obsession like that.  no headaches, not tummy problems, no nothing.  just one day i was a coffee addict, and the next day i was not.

go figure. 

Heart

Respected Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

I drink a glass of water and take my pill..maybe later a glass/bottle of pop.

i wonder where you are from.  i was born and raised in rochester, NY, and have been told that there are only a few places around that refer to soda as "pop" ... like we did! 

Trusted Contributor

Three mugs of strong coffee, then I switch to water and sweet tea for the rest of the day.
Honored Contributor

I start with a glass of Fairlife milk with breakfast and then move to whatever suits me; coffee, iced tea, water.

Respected Contributor

Caramel tea. Mmm....

Valued Contributor

one cup of coffee with cream in the a.m.  Home made iced coffee in the afternoon.  Water the rest of the day.  Occasionally a cup of tea or coffee after dinner.

Every perfect gift is from above.
Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

I drink a glass of water and take my pill..maybe later a glass/bottle of pop.

i wonder where you are from.  i was born and raised in rochester, NY, and have been told that there are only a few places around that refer to soda as "pop" ... like we did! 

My family from West Virginia also called it "pop".  They didn't know what I was talking about and I didn't know what they were either.  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Skim Milk