Honored Contributor

My hobby is one I have been doing for close to 30 years.  I enter contests and sweepstakes. I like the feeling of winning! 

Esteemed Contributor

I just read this thread and have come to the conclusion that I am a sluggard!!!  Smiley Embarassed

Other than shopping and reading, I got nothin'!!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I chalk paint furniture for our homes and for others'.  I've sold many peices, too.

I paint pictures using sea glass pieces I've collected.

I love to decorate and also plant flower gardens for others.

I just started teaching my granddaughter how to play the piano.  She took to it so incredibly fast, I told her parents to sign her up for formal lessons because I wanted to make sure she's properly trained.  She's only five and her lessons start this week....I may take a refresher course...

I should take up golfing....just to tick my husband off.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

nothing right now! I've done a lot of crafts, sewing, quilting, scrap booking, cake decorating & more...right now I'm just enjoying long walks, the beach & organized house! 

(My latest easy project, I do love pictures and I recently had 100 of my fav pics printed and put together a large wall collage in my guest bedroom.

Esteemed Contributor
Long distance running is my passion.

I've been taking Chinese brush painting classes for about 7 years and it feeds my soul.
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde, since I know where you lve now, and your interest in photography, be alert for the twenty-year Storm that hits the bay. Unbelievable! Worth documenting! It literally took the breath out of me when I lived there.

My hobby six or seven months of the year is golfing. Too bad I didn't golf when I lived at Pebble Beach! 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I just read this thread and have come to the conclusion that I am a sluggard!!!  Smiley Embarassed

Other than shopping and reading, I got nothin'!!!

@MacDUFF....LOL. You and me both. I spent over ten years helping care for DH's parents and their house. They are now deceased, we had to move out of the house, and I'm still feeling kind of lost. I just turned 65 and feel like I'm nothing more than an old lady on Medicare. In my mind, I'm still 50. I know, I know, I can volunteer, join a church group, blah, blah, blah, Typical responses on these boards. I just take one day at a time, deal with whatever comes up (which is always something), and go from there. It amazes me how I can sit in this apt. minding my own business, and the phone will ring or something will come in the mail, and all h*ll breaks loose. Such is life.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Moonchilde, since I know where you lve now, and your interest in photography, be alert for the twenty-year Storm that hits the bay. Unbelievable! Worth documenting! It literally took the breath out of me when I lived there.

My hobby six or seven months of the year is golfing. Too bad I didn't golf when I lived at Pebble Beach! 

@MaggieMack, while I love the idea of the beach and ocean in stormy weather and always love the photos I see, to be honest, as I age I'm not sure I'd venture out willingly to drive in hard rain and wind. If it happened when I was already in the area, thst'd be a better bet! 

It's pret-ty expensive to play a round at Pebble Beach! Yikes. But lovely to drive through.

One one of the few completely sunny days there has been since I moved, I got a few pix that could be in travel brochures - while I was sick! That day was my "I yhink I'm getting better" day - followed by a relapse week in bed. But that was a whole ago now.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@catwhisperer

I hear ya...I try to look at some of the twists and turns in life as adventures, but I truly hate the feeling of being blind-sided.  You're right, such is life.  Keep a good thought (and read a good book Smiley Wink )!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@catwhisperer, I Heart you so much! We are the same age. I feel the same as I did when I was 25. I have definitely had my losses, but am so thankful for my health. I am still ready to conquer he world, but know that's probably not in the script. There is no one left to die that I will be responsible for, so now I worry about those who will have to clean up after me, lol, no children! 

Feel the the blessings in your days, and if you are moved to do something, so be it. No guilt! We have gotten this far. Love the life that is behind you and love the life that is before you. Your light is here for a reason.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop