Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@catwhisperer

I hear ya...I try to look at some of the twists and turns in life as adventures, but I truly hate the feeling of being blind-sided.  You're right, such is life.  Keep a good thought (and read a good book Smiley Wink )!!

@MacDUFF......I hate being blind-sided. It's been happening a lot lately and I have all I can do to maintain what little sanity I have left. Actually, I have been reading a very good book. Smiley Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@catwhisperer, I Heart you so much! We are the same age. I feel the same as I did when I was 25. I have definitely had my losses, but am so thankful for my health. I am still ready to conquer he world, but know that's probably not in the script. There is no one left to die that I will be responsible for, so now I worry about those who will have to clean up after me, lol, no children! 

Feel the the blessings in your days, and if you are moved to do something, so be it. No guilt! We have gotten this far. Love the life that is behind you and love the life that is before you. Your light is here for a reason.

@MaggieMack...you are such a sweetheart and I wish I could hug you. You are so kind. Well, there is no love of the life behind me, but I do feel a sense of pride that the Lord has allowed me to be on this earth for 65 years. Obviously I am fulfilling some purpose. I will continue to appreciate each additional day. Smiley Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

I enjoy trailriding.  I like being outside, especially on trails in the woods.  Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

There are some interesting hobbies here.  I love that.

Since retirement, I have gotten into dance classes.  I used to dance

a lot in my younger days, so it is like coming back to an old "hobby".

I do a little watercolor painting, but just for fun, nothing exceptional,

but still fun.

I love baking, but now I only do it in December.  I always have an annual

cookie exchange.

My husband has a passion for gardening; I am envious of his passion.

I think a person who has a real passion is very lucky.

Honored Contributor

I volunteer at our hospital gift shop.  From October to early December we have a number of holiday sales in the meeting rooms.  I commit to at least 50 scarves, hats or mittens,  Much of my free time throughout the year, I'm knitting. We are fortunate that yarn companies donate discontinued yarns and odd lots so everything we make is for profit.

Honored Contributor

Mine is the same now as it was back in the early 70's, Reading.  I have 15 checked out right now from the library with 18 on hold and three of those 18 ready to be picked up now that they are available.  My dear sweet Mom actually grounded me in the 4th grade one report card period (9 weeks) from reading library books or any book other than a text book since I had dropped from a B to a C in Social Studies.  My teacher was horrified when she found out.  Mom never did that grounding again.  I also did more studying myself.  Same hobby for all my life I suppose.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."