Honored Contributor

Re: What's your favorite thing to see every summer?

Locally grown strawberries in June.

Honored Contributor

all the lilies I have in pots on my back deck. I must have 3 dozen, each with 5 or 6 blooms per stem. An incredible perfumed oasis!! Love the hummingbirds buzzing around too

Esteemed Contributor

Everything outside in the Summer (and warmer weather), the sky, the moon, the flowers, the birds, you name it. i am cooped up most of the Winter with my bad back unless the weathers ok and I get to a movie when I feel ok, and when I go to doctors. I do get to do more when I have shots in my back though and I got out on the deck in our hot tub (in Sprng and Fall)

I havent been on a vacation in 20 years because of my back problems, or I would have said the ocean.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

My pink peonies in full bloom and the chipmunks come out of hibernation. We feed the squirrels and birds all winter, but those adorable little chipmunks are so much fun. We feed them sunflower seeds and unsalted peanuts in the shell. They take three peanuts at a time...one in each cheek and one in the middle. They take them right from our hands, and by the middle of the summer, they start calling us (chirping loudly) to come out and give them some more peanuts. When we open the door, they are right there to get their peanuts and even try to come into the house.( That's where we draw the line.)  Image result for chipmunk begging peanuts image

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Our cute, little, vintage 1962 wooden Chris Craft boat out on our lake! Just pulled it out yesterday and am getting it ready for the summer. Yippee!

"Pure Michigan"
Contributor

All the American flags and the explosion of red, white and blue on people's homes and yards before Memorial Day. It's around my birthday and has always made me feel happy and that summer isn't far behind.

Contributor

I know I am in the minority, but I can't handle summer's heat and humidity, so what I look forward to seeing most is.....fall.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

A calender telling me that fall and cooler temperatures are on the way.

Esteemed Contributor

Sitting on my patio and enjoying the peaceful feeling and surrounded by my colorful flowers; watching the birds and hummers at my feeders, and waiting for the mama does to bring their little fawns up out of the woods for some fresh corn kernals in their feeder.

Frequent Contributor

I love that it's lighter outside!  The birds, my flowers poking their heads up through the snow, birds chirping ... everything is so lush green.  And, best of all, the smell of my lilacs!  Heaven!