Trusted Contributor

Re: What's your favorite thing to see every summer?

The sky staying bright until 9pm.

Esteemed Contributor

Rain and late October when it finally starts to cool down. 

Esteemed Contributor

In the spring....daffodils.....in the early summer ..the beach...by August....the fall.....

Honored Contributor

Up until this year my favorite thing to see every summer was Pittsburgh. But this year we are not going home so ....

I am a bit homesick. I would get excited as we drove north just to get to Virginia and start seeing the mountains  after the flatness of Florida. 

When we lived up north in the spring I loved the forsythia and the crocuses. The first harbengers of spring.

Honored Contributor

I can’t wait until the end of this darn yellow pollen, so we can use our screened porch. Oh. Just started an herb garden on that porch in a raised self-watering planter. Can’t wait for them to sprout to cut them for cooking.

Honored Contributor

The young children and dogs playing in the grass and swimming pools.

Honored Contributor

The colorful flowers and fresh produce. Walking through the farmer's market.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Up until this year my favorite thing to see every summer was Pittsburgh. But this year we are not going home so ....

I am a bit homesick. I would get excited as we drove north just to get to Virginia and start seeing the mountains  after the flatness of Florida. 

When we lived up north in the spring I loved the forsythia and the crocuses. The first harbengers of spring.

@151949  Sorry you’ll miss that this year. Maybe next year?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I can’t wait until the end of this darn yellow pollen, so we can use our screened porch. Oh. Just started an herb garden on that porch in a raised self-watering planter. Can’t wait for them to sprout to cut them for cooking.

I planted an herb garden on our lanai this past fall. Normally I put them all in one large pot but decided this time to buy some pretty ceramic pots in various colors and put the herbs around like houseplants. So I have oregano in a big yellow pot, parsley in a bright orange pot, peppermint in a very small red pot ( trying to discourage it growing too large with small pot) rosemary in a turquoise pot,  chives in a large copper pot & basil in a mexican style painted pot. They are all doing well, I keep them clipped back well because i use them a lot. I had dill but found I prefer dried dill and the plant doesn't do well so that green pot is empty right now til I decide what to plant instead.

Good luck with your herbs.Happy cooking.

Honored Contributor

The return of our summer birds.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man