Honored Contributor

Re: What's your favorite sandwich?

We have a little deli here that makes fantastic warm Philly Cheese Steaks with peppers, onions, and au jus!

Also, tuna salad

chicken salad

Esteemed Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

Hi John, my friend,

You're up late tonight and I hope your back pain isn't the cause of it. I woke up this morning at 0515 with bad back.

I've never had a sandwich like yours.  Will have to head off to Whole Foods and grind my own peanuts and give it a go.

~Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

No problems to speak of other than our drifts of the white stuff. Ole body doing ok right now, no complaints. Always up late just doing different things. Since we got our new 4k with a browser/accurate voice to text, and an Octacore(8) processor, easier to use 65" tv than computer. 

Didn't notice you started this thread or I would have said more. I did add to my other post. If you get natural PB ground, remember that oil comes to the top. Stir it in or keep in fridge. Without the hydrogenated oil(bad stuff) oil separates at room temp.

Never like hearing friends having back issues, they can really make things so much harder to do, even putting on socks and shoes. Hope this is a short term issue for you. Gotta be extra careful doing things when your back is acting up.

Let me know if you like the PB. Without the salt/sugar and hydrogenation, it tastes much different. My wife prefers her smooth Jif, guess she doesn't like taste of nothing but peanuts. I love the stuff and take either my 3 or 5lb. sealer container and "fill'er up".

Take care my friend,

JOhn

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Valued Contributor

Yes, a BLT with Mayo on a hard roll!

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Respected Contributor

Real turkey breast, a touch of mayo, cream cheese, whole berry cranberry sauce and green leaf lettuce on a ciabatta roll.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nothing fancy:

Cold meatloaf on white bread with tomato, lettuce and some mayo or grilled Swiss cheese with tomato.

Honored Contributor

I just had my FAV sandwich.  Fresh homemade roasted chicken salad with celery, a little onion & fresh parsley in it on freshly baked asiago peppercorn parm bread with lettuce & Hellmann's.

The chicken salad and the bread are both TO DIE FOR!

Trusted Contributor

I do not eat cold sandwiches.  I'll eat a meatball or chicken parm sandwich but only from certain places.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

A reuben....

@Nataliesgramma

I love hot sandwiches and the reuben tops my list!

I agree!

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I just had my FAV sandwich.  Fresh homemade roasted chicken salad with celery, a little onion & fresh parsley in it on freshly baked asiago peppercorn parm bread with lettuce & Hellmann's.

The chicken salad and the bread are both TO DIE FOR!

Any chance you would give us your recipe for this incredibly yummy bread and if it could be made in a breadmaker bonus points! . . . Smiley Happy

Thank you @PINKdogWOOD!