Respected Contributor

Re: What's your favorite sandwich?

Jewish Deli from NYC-Roast beef , rare of course, on Rye, w/coleslaw and Russina deli. Got to have a kosher dill on the side. Pure heaven on a plate.

Trusted Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@sfnative  Very nice thread, thanks for putting it up Smiley Happy

I usually eat pretty boring sandwiches, like a scrambled egg on toast, or all veg with avodado.

But... the one I love the best is once a year only and is made of Thanksgiving leftovers: sliced turkey breast, homemade cranberry sauce, and even stuffing.

One I love but haven't had in years is a Monte Cristo.  The very best is made in Disneyland, the Pirates of the Caribbean restaurant.  It's ham and turkey with cheese, grilled on both sides of the bread, then the outside is sprinkled with powdered sugar.  Jam is served on the side to add to the sandwich.  Man, those calories will hold your for a month!

Hi @Noel7!

I love a good ham and grilled cheese sandwich. It's one of my favorites.

We have a local restaurant that serves a turkey, ham, and cheese sandwhich like that and calls it a Monte Carlo. They serve a ham and cheese sandwhich called a Monte Cristo. I've had them both, and they're really good. Very filling. Sometimes I have to save the other half and eat it the next day, it's so filling. Smiley Happy

I also like Italian beef sandwiches, with extra au jus on the side. 

Honored Contributor

@Toppers wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

I usually eat pretty boring sandwiches, like a scrambled egg on toast, or all veg with avodado.

But... the one I love the best is once a year only and is made of Thanksgiving leftovers: sliced turkey breast, homemade cranberry sauce, and even stuffing.

One I love but haven't had in years is a Monte Cristo.  The very best is made in Disneyland, the Pirates of the Caribbean restaurant.  It's ham and turkey with cheese, grilled on both sides of the bread, then the outside is sprinkled with powdered sugar.  Jam is served on the side to add to the sandwich.  Man, those calories will hold your for a month!

Hi @Noel7!

I love a good ham and grilled cheese sandwich. It's one of my favorites.

We have a local restaurant that serves a turkey, ham, and cheese sandwhich like that and calls it a Monte Carlo. They serve a ham and cheese sandwhich called a Monte Cristo. I've had them both, and they're really good. Very filling. Sometimes I have to save the other half and eat it the next day, it's so filling. Smiley Happy

I also like Italian beef sandwiches, with extra au jus on the side. 

Hi @Toppers

That Monte Carlo sounds so good, I would like to try it Smiley Happy

We don't get a lot of places around here that serve sandwiches and that's a shame imo.  I really like sandwiches.

Honored Contributor

American cheese, mustard, french bread.

Highlighted
Contributor

I like a  BLT + Avocado (no skimping on the tomato) sandwich.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@momtochloe  If I was a bread maker you bet I'd share it.  Unfortunately both the salad and the bread are from my fav local Lucky'sMarket. 

Lucky's originates in Colorado, locally grown fruits, veggies, a lot of organics, in house made items.  They chose to expand east of the Mississippi and landed here about 2 years ago.  Love this place, lots of bulk foods, craft beers, not big at all, not much larger than Aldi's in fact.

I I were a bread maker however, I'd make a recipe with these ingredients in it myself.  If you bake bread Ms MTC, You can make this.  Give it a try, I'm betting your's would be great!

@PINKdogWOOD thank you for this reply.  Looks like I am going to have to move to Colorado or east of the Mississippi to nab a loaf of that delicious bread!  I am still spreading my wings in the bread baking department but will keep this in the back of my mind for future endeavors.

I love these little stores/chains that are popping up all over the USA.  They always have such great produce, proteins and of course bakery.  I am waiting for the Fresh Thyme Market to have their pull apart rolls again.  Please know you will not see me again until they and probably a stick of KerryGold butter are gone . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Cold:  tuna

Hot:  French dip

Respected Contributor

Turkey club sandwich on croissant with French Onion Soup

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Noel7

Oh, I so agree about the Monte Cristo.  My two favorites were at the restaurant you mentioned and the Madonna Inn, on 101 South heading toward Santa Maria.  Don't know how their Monte Cristos are now, but back in the day, THAT was the place to go for a Mont Cristo, plus a visit to their plush bathrooms (LOL).

Respected Contributor

monte cristo Biscoti's.jpgdont have a picture of the one at the Blue Bayou (Pirates of the Caribbean) but here is one from Biscottis in Reno NV...The Mimosas are pretty good too...