Honored Contributor

What’s up with Bounty?

[ Edited ]

Over the past six months my Bounty paper towels have changed. They don’t dry my hands, using a whole sheet, two pieces from a Select-A-Size roll, anymore. If a drop of water falls onto the remaining roll, it takes much longer to dry. The paper has a different feel to it than previous rolls. I’m using more than I want to when just blotting up coffee dripping from my brewer. Has anyone else noticed a change in Bounty. I usually buy the Select-A-Size?

Honored Contributor

Re: What’s up with Bounty?

@Mindy D 

Yes, I have noticed a difference also. Exactly what you posted and the paper towels are rough to the touch also. 

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Mindy D 

Yes, I have noticed a difference also. Exactly what you posted and the paper towels are rough to the touch also. 

Thank you. I know they have changed the product. 

Super Contributor

I thought I was just imagining things. I have definitely noticed this too. Time to go back to Brawny, I guess. Or any store brand...save some money. The microfiber cloths I bought from QVC should start to earn their keep too! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

We have noticed this the last few months also. We have a problem ripping off two at a time of the select a size. It always was perforated better before.

I don’t know what else to buy that would be softer and to wipe up a spill quickly.

We have used Bounty for probably as long as it has been out.

Respected Contributor

Just like everything else, the price goes up and the quality goes down.

Honored Contributor

Just compared a Select-A-Size roll purchased last week with one that's been in the laundry room over a year.  

Tested a half of a sheet from both by putting a small amount of water in two spots on the counter.  Both absorbed as well and as quickly.  I see no difference in feel or absorption.  

Honored Contributor

I will have to check mine out compared to part of a roll that's been in my trunk forever. LOL!!! I have not noticed a difference. I know they are not perforated like they need to be.

Esteemed Contributor

To me, the Bounty feels so rough. That was the only paper towel we bought. I switch to Viva select a size and it is a lot softer and works a lot better.

Valued Contributor

@Mindy D   Thanks for posting this.  I thought the same thing and convinced myself that I was imagining it.  The feel is totally different from what it used to be.