Occasional Contributor

What's the worst gift you ever got?

I love the holidays and gift giving is one of my most favorite things to do, and I know I am a good gift giver. Because I buy things for people that I would want for myself and I love the look on their faces when they open it. Having said that, I always give better than I get. I gave a co-worker a really nice cordless phone for Xmas, I mean it had all the bells and whistles. She really loved it(because she didn't have a good house phone) and I was happy to give that to her. Well when I opened my "gift" and I'm not good at hiding my feelings or pretending to like something when I really don't. I know we are suppose to be polite and just say we love it. So I did but my face said something different. Oh! I didn't tell you what she gave me, It was a can of those 1.99 danish butter cookies. You know the ones you get from Rite Aid. I know it's the thought that counts, but give me a break this was thoughtless, needless to say the next year I didn't bother to spend more than 5.00 on that person.