Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

We're getting the same heat here for several days.  It will definitely put a crimp in my outdoor activities.  I like to spend a lot of time outside.  For the next few days it will be early morning walks only. Time to clean the basement.  

Trusted Contributor

Hot & humid. Always hot & humid. I'll take your eather, @AKgirl2!!!

Respected Contributor

Hot and humid in my part of Sou Cal. Ahhh, for the hot DRY days we use to have - that is why I left New Orleans and moved here in 1960. It has changed - just terrible. Wish I had the $$$$ I would leave here in a heartbeat and go back to NC. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Honored Contributor

Perfect 71 degrees here in the PNW.  

Honored Contributor

The next several days in New Jersey, hot and humid,

Related image

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Thunderstorms early this morning at 6 am and suppose to have storms again tonight.  However, it is muggy and the temps today were mid 80's but temps are going up!  If it is humid ant 90, it will feel a lot hotter.  I would rather deal with a cold winter.  This is coming from the burbs of Chicago.  I'll never forget when I was in my late 40's and I lived on Michigan Ave. across from Grant Park and I could see the lake 2-1/2 blocks away.  Anyway, I was waiting for the bus for work and it was 105.  It was horrible. No air conditioned buses even trains did not have air in all the cars so people all piled in the air condioned car and it was so hot.  I hate hot weather!     Cat Tongue

@Katcat1 - I'm right there with you - I hate hot weather too.  But winter instead?  I would rather have a rather long fall or spring.  I say the sun gets its energy from me when it's this hot because I feel like a wet rag by the end of the day.

Respected Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Hot and humid in my part of Sou Cal. Ahhh, for the hot DRY days we use to have - that is why I left New Orleans and moved here in 1960. It has changed - just terrible. Wish I had the $$$$ I would leave here in a heartbeat and go back to NC. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

@Winifred - I lived  in So. Cal most  of my life - never experienced humidity - but I hear it  is there now.  So much for all the rain California got this spring.  things will dry up quickly and fire season will be just around the corner.

Valued Contributor

I live in So. California too.  The last three or so weeks we have had horrible heat-100s and up.  This last weekend we had the humidity with it, and I couldn't get my breath outside.  It's been a little cooler this week (90s) but this weekend we are back to 103.

Honored Contributor

Hot. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

🔥again!  101

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G