Honored Contributor

Re: What’s the main reason you come to the Forum?

@goldensrbest wrote:

Lonely, just want some one to talk to.

I'm glad this bulletin board is here for you to come to, but hope you have people in real life that you can call or visit with.  I enjoy the sound of a friendly human voice.  

Honored Contributor

I've been here for 16-17 years and have 'met' some extraordinary people here.  I have one good friend, with whom I'm in somewhat regular contact.  Some time back you could give your email address w/o it being deleted - or at least it would last a while.  Smiley Wink

There are also a number of other wonderful people here who I would really miss and one or two who are gone who I also miss.

I try to disregard the awful stuff.  It's a drag that they get rid of good, kind people and then the others who are constantly insulting others get to stay.

I probably spend more time at other (totally non-related) boards where there is more freedom and everybody (well, 99.9%) is a grown-up.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Always get good feedback on items I maybe interested in and others here have ordered.  Good info on t,v. programs/books too.

Been introduced to items I may not have considered in the past and check them out.

On the whole I enjoy the forum when I have time to sit down with my cuppa - people interesting and friendly- I pass on by those who aren't! 

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Lonely, just want some one to talk to.

Awwwwwww.  So sorry you feel lonely.  XO

I come to see who I can help with an issue, if I have knowledge of it.

Honored Contributor

I normally check out the forums while I'm cleaning house or watching TV.

Used to have more people posting. Lots of beauty info, lots of recipes, finding out places that are having deals but that does not happen so much now.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

At first I was not interested , however I decided to check it out. I like  that  posters  provide their opinion on many topics not only abt QVC or HSN products  but on may issues . I do appreciate hearing other view points . It has  been interesting to hear of so many  posters telling their stories of  waiting for the covid 19 vaccine and then finally receiving the vaccine . It was interesting to hear that many had the same plight all over the country. Sure made me feel I was not alone in being frustrated over the process. I have also gained some helpful hints and good food recipes  by reading  other posts .

It is true that to engage in these boards you sure have to have some tough skin as some are ready to intimidate you from posting your viewpoint.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I've been here for 16-17 years and have 'met' some extraordinary people here.  I have one good friend, with whom I'm in somewhat regular contact.  Some time back you could give your email address w/o it being deleted - or at least it would last a while.  Smiley Wink

There are also a number of other wonderful people here who I would really miss and one or two who are gone who I also miss.

I try to disregard the awful stuff.  It's a drag that they get rid of good, kind people and then the others who are constantly insulting others get to stay.

I probably spend more time at other (totally non-related) boards where there is more freedom and everybody (well, 99.9%) is a grown-up.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt 

I'm from that 'era' too and still have email/phone call contact with several of them.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Smart, funny, thinking posters, not just thoughtful but intelligent. I'm a long-tme poster since the beginning and I have always enjoyed my time here.

As others have said I miss some of the posters that are no longer here.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains personal information

Super Contributor

I come here daily because there is almost always a new topic that interests me.  It's so varied, I like that "surprise" factor.  One day it may be a beauty product I'm not familiar with.  The next it might be some celebrity news I never would have heard anywhere else.  

My "real life" group of friends is minimal (almost non-existent since Covid), and not terribly varied in opinions on major issues.  I like reading points of view different than mine.  It helps keep me open to different perspectives.  Just when I think I am firmly planted on one side of an issue, someone will type something profound enough to make me see it differently.

I've learned a lot, from many kind folks here.  I've also learned a lot about cyber behavior.  Some nice, some not so.  I've learned how to convey kindness, not get sucked into trivial drama, and that we all have struggles.  I've learned to take the time to compose a well thought out resposne, and read it a few times before I click POST.  Cat Happy

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~