Esteemed Contributor

Re: What’s the main reason you come to the Forum?

Of course,  the entertainment!!! When a new poster registers a complaint,  I wager who will tell them to change the channel and how soon said pronouncement will occur. 

Inevitably,  I am correct and would be wealthy were this real wagering. 

Respected Contributor

Oh goodness, it has been so long ago  (I think 2005?) but I do remember it was a total mistake that I even found the discussion board.  I accidentally clicked on the wrong link on the website & then started reading to try and figure out where I was and what had happened.

Somehow I guess I came back and started reading.  Over time I discovered it really was possible to develop strong associations with people here on the board. It has also been very sad since several posters have passed away.  A few of them I was really close to.  Since we could exchange emails back in the day there was one poster that via email provided so much support when I was going through dealing with declining health problems with my father.  She was an absolute jewel and did so much to cheerlead, console, and understand.  It was a huge blow when she died unexpectedly.

There have been times I have had more time than others to spend time on the board.  But I always enjoy "seeing"  people and knowing what they are up to, as well as making new acquaintances.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Drythe, you and @pitdakota and @Mindy D were some of the earliest people (Especially MIndy D. I think she was one of the first.) to recognize what a threat Covid was. You weathered so much flack and pushback for providing rational, useful, credible medical info about the virus amid all the fear and chaos we were living in. And you were unfailingly polite and kind about it. It was so amazing to me. Thank you so much.

@Porcelain 

It was @pitdakota  who gave me the courage to speak out.  Knowing she is a clinician with serious Infectious Disease creditionals, gave me encouragement to speak to what I know from my Epidemiology experience.  I was very, very concerned from the start at the rapid, wide, transmission.  

Thank you @Drythe for those very kind words.  But you have your own expertise and body of knowledge from the work you have done that has provided a valuable perspective.  That work in epidemiology is exactly what came into play here during the pandemic and I am grateful for your insights.

Not to mention that I love having another "data geek" to bounce things around with!  Heart 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Super Contributor

Boredom, sometimes informative info, opinions on social topics. And I must admit some posts are very entertaining! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D , I have been here for a long time.  I was originally Lilysmom and had to change my nic when I signed in again.  My favourite forums are Book club, garden, community, electronics and among friends,  I have made many friends over the years.

This is my go to for gardening tips, for book recommendations, for info on the best electronics and how to solve electronics problems.  I check in almost every day and would miss the regular posters if the forum was gone!  S

Trusted Contributor

Some thing to do!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The forums are a fascinating microcosm. I love being able to sit at my computer and observe the plethora of opinions that are so freely expressed.😂 I also enjoy the wide range of topics, and chatting with very interesting people.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Honored Contributor

(I didn't read the other posts before responding. I decided I would just answer the question! Smiley Wink)

So. . . actually I'll give two reasons:

1. To see my online friends! I don't participate in any other online forums any longer, although I used to. I do miss the chance to PM others, as I could on another forum.

2. To discuss things I have in common with other posters. For example, my IRL friends think I'm crazy to be so into makeup! 

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Of course,  the entertainment!!! When a new poster registers a complaint,  I wager who will tell them to change the channel and how soon said pronouncement will occur. 

Inevitably,  I am correct and would be wealthy were this real wagering. 

LOL! Thank you for posting this because I do the same exact thing. It's so predictable. Nice to know I have company in my pretend wagering. I always can predict when we are "off to the races".