Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: What’s the main reason you come to the Forum?

I like meeting new people and sharing and learning tips from the other posters. I enjoy talking about a variety of subjects as well....

Super Contributor

Habit and a bit of a break from facebook, Smiley Wink.

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Esteemed Contributor

I have gotten good advice here, I find it interesting to hear what is going on with other people. I like to hear all of your opinions on things.

Honored Contributor

I like that there are a lot of different topics so there's something for everyone. You never know what'll you find!

Respected Contributor

It helps fix my loneliness some what.

Trusted Contributor

I deleted my FB account last year because a lot of the posts were so nasty and political.  It's nice to come to a board like this to get information, make new friends, and be supportive of each other when needed without the political, nasty messages. A lot of posters have said they don't like the fact that it is monitored but I actually do. 

Honored Contributor

I see another side of life: I see people who think radically differently than I think and it leads me to sometimes thinking differently; I learn things I don't read about elsewhere; and share personal experiences on a variety of topics. 

Honored Contributor

Short version: I'm used to it. It's a habit.

Long version:

All this last year I saw Covid misinformation being repeated here, and I was genuinely concerned when no one contradicted it. It wasn't against the rules to give Covid misinformation, so it was never deleted.

it seemed to me that if the conspiracy theories and anti science and anti medicine messages went unanswered, some people could die if they followed the quack advice. So I kept trying to give the other pro-science side of the Covid issue and support anyone else who did. It seemed morally wrong to not say anything when people were telling others not to wear masks and that Covid couldn't harm them.

(And I was dismayed at how I was attacked. My motives were trashed, I was called names, lectured at, psychologically "diagnosed," and some people were very personal about it.)

Now I'm just used to showing up. The prior nastiness has given me a thicker skin. Some non-moderator individuals still try to police and schoool me in various ways, but I've learned a lot about why they might be doing that.

I like the nice people and they make the rest of it worthwhile. And sweet stories and animal pictures. And the occasional truly hilarious thread. I like the funny threads the most.

The recent posts about people getting Covid vaccinations warm my heart. It means we all made it to the other side of this pandemic still alive--which is what I wanted for everyone both online and in real life so much. I didn't have anything to do with it. I'm just glad for everyone who made it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

After emails, it's the first place I come to!  Usually with a cup of coffee by my side.

Many days I'm sitting outside posting away, today rain....

Will do a little cleaning, come back here, hang wash, come back here, go for a bike ride, come back here, get drunk, come back here.  Are you still reading this post?  I was only kidding about getting drunk.

Honored Contributor

I come here because I want to...no special reason.