Trusted Contributor

Re: What's the best quote on "kindness" you know of?

Be nice and smile to everyone you meet. You don't know what they are going through, and they may need that smile, and treasure it.

Cat Very Happy

Cindy

Regular Contributor

My favorite right now is "See the light in others, and treat them as if that is all you see" Dwayne Dyer  

I feel that you can help someone feel better and feel love for themsleves if you first see them in a beautiful way. Your eyes tell all of your secret feelings and thoughts.  

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Kindness is always the right choice

Respected Contributor

Small acts of kindness have a beauty of their own. 

Respected Contributor

Think of your fellow man
Lend him a helping hand
Put a little love in your heart

You see it's getting late
Oh, please don't hesitate
Put a little love in your heart

And the world will be a better place
And the world will be a better place
For you and me, you just wait and see

Respected Contributor

Be kind, It doesn't cost a thing. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not see how you can list quotes on kindness without including The Golden Rule.  To avoid the ban on religious conversation, I looked it up and found it is included in religions throughout the world. I'm hoping that makes it global, therefore not so controversial to anyone.   Here are eight of them:

Christianity   All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye so to them; for this is the law and the prophets. Matthew 7:12

Confucianism  Do not do to others what you would not like yourself. Then there will be no resentment against you, either in the family or in the state. Analects 12:2

Buddhism  Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful. Udana-Varga 5,1

Hinduism  This is the sum of duty; do naught onto others what you would not have them do unto you. Mahabharata 5,1517

Islam  No one of you is a believer until he desires for his brother that which he desires for himself.   Sunnah

Judaism  What is hateful to you, do not do to your fellowman. This is the entire Law; all the rest is commentary. Talmud, Shabbat 3id

Taoism   Regard your neighbor’s gain as your gain, and your neighbor’s loss as your own loss. Tai Shang Kan Yin P’ien

Zoroastrianism  That nature alone is good which refrains from doing another whatsoever is not good for itself.   Dadisten-I-dinik, 94,5

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

IamMrsg,   So glad you brought all of these for use to read...

Besides the perfect one, the Golden Rule; I like:

Taoism   Regard your neighbor’s gain as your gain, and your neighbor’s loss as your own loss. Tai Shang Kan Yin P’ien

This seems to sum up empathy. A thing we all must cultivate every day. 

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I'm searching for quotes on kindness. What one stays with you?

The quotes that stay with me are:  Ephesians 4:32 "be kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving...", Matthew 7:12 "do unto others..." and a quote from Mark Twain:  "Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."

Super Contributor

Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves ... James Barrie

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~