Honored Contributor

Re: What's the Latest you Like to Get Phone Calls in the Evening?

I have Do Not Disturb scheduled to kick-on every night at 7:00 p.m. & turn off at 8:00 a.m.  Only those I have flagged as favorites can get through when Do Not Disturb is turned on.  It's a basic iPhone feature.  I would guess Androids have it, too.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Girl, pleaee!

Depends on who on the other end!  🥰

Honored Contributor

7pm. Now that I'm retired, my sister and my friends all know they should call me to chat during the day. My evenings are for dinner, hanging with the family, reading, watching TV. If there's an emergency, they can text me. I have no qualms in saying  "let's talk tomorrow , I'm in the middle of something now".  

Super Contributor

We rarely gets phone calls after 8:00 pm. Besides, I have programmed our phones to not ring after 11:00 pm, and they can't ring again until 6:00 am (just in case work tries to call). I've always said that phone calls during the night are never good. It's either bad news or an obscene phone caller. Don't want either. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset 

Since we have a landline that blocks all calls that are not in our phone's directory. If our phone rings after 10:00pm, it is only when it is something very important from a family member.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I am a night owl and so are several members of my family.  I know if my phone rang it Midnight, it was my Aunt just wanting to talk.

What I don't like is calls in the morning.  The drug store really annoys me.  If they call about a RX it is at 9 a.m. and wakes me at a time I am in a really good sleep.  Robo/Spam calls got to be such I nuisance on my landline I turned the ringer off in all but one room.  Sure hated being woken by them.

Honored Contributor

I've got a real pet peeve on this one.  I turn in early, since I don't sleep well (adding a sick husband coughing at night), and then a doctor's office will call with a reminder of an appt. or something.  I'd appreciate their calling in the normal hours, since that's the only time I/we can call them. That just seems right!

Honored Contributor

I don't really like to talk on the phone much but really, I don't, generally speaking, like getting phone calls after 7:00 p.m.  I'm up really early in the morning and by this time, I am pretty well done with the day and I just want to decompress before going to bed!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I am available to the world between 4am and 4pm. 

Then the phone goes off.  When I worked the phone got turned off when I went to bed.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I still have a landline and tell friends and family if they want to chit-chat to call between 10am - 2:00pm.  I actually prefer doing email.  The type of job I had prior to retiring was talking on the phone and basically had to tune myself out at the end of the day after 4:00pm, and to this day I hate talking on the phone.