Trusted Contributor

Re: What's hard to find in your area's stores?

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The aisle for frozen fruit and frozen veggies has been empty at my market since this began.

I'm a  frozen veggie person.  I just get uneasy seeing all that produce just laying there, pretty much saying "touch me."

Trusted Contributor

Toilet paper is hard to find at regular grocery stores, it's hit or miss at Sam's Club, flour is scarce, Campbell's soups, some produce (kiwi fruit, cabbage, strawberries), bleach, pump hand soap, ground beef.

Honored Contributor

Paper products, wipes ,flour and yeast.  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Fresh meat and poultry.  Although I live in Wisconsin, milk is in short supply in the grocery stores.  Rice and pasta products are nowhere to be found.

Milk....really?  I heard that farmers were throwing milk away because of lack of sales...now it's in short supply?!  SMH

Respected Contributor

It is interesting to see what is scarce in other areas. We have plenty and mean PLENTY eggs. Some were .75 a dozen. Chicken is scarce at times.

Forget hand sanitizer, paper towels, toilet paper , cleaning products .

Dried beans are scarce also 

doxie

Wish I could send you some eggs!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

In Northern CA:

produce is now fairly plentiful (although there was no lettuce the other day); lots of berries, asparagus

like elsewhere, sanitizer, etc. can't be found (we ordered Clorox wipes and liquid soap from Amazon); haven't looked for paper products, because (luckily) we had just purchased large packs at Costco before all of this began

eggs are hit or miss, but so far we've been able to find them

can't find flour anyplace (I'm rationing what I have, thinking hard about whether making something is "worth" the amount of flour it would take!); just got more sugar a couple of days ago

milk is available, but not huge supplies

can consistently get cheese, yogurt, fresh meats, and deli meats

canned soups (Campbell's -- don't judge me Smiley Happy -- my son likes a particular one) in low supply

rice difficult to find; pastas available but not huge supplies; canned beans back on the shelves, along with canned tomatoes

But, really, we don't count on finding anything at the last minute (unless you're looking for junk food and soda!). Also, some products are limited to one (carton of eggs) or two (milk products in cartons).

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Paper Towels

Toilet Paper

Vitamin C

Tylenol

Bar Soap (antibacterial)

Meats ( not sure why.....but very limited)

Butter

Antibacterial wipes

Frozen Vegs

Honored Contributor

I haven’t been able to find a thermometer anywhere.  I hope we don’t need one.

Also we haven’t been able to find hand sanitizer.  However having two cats, I use Lysol wipes all the time and keep them on hand.

Esteemed Contributor

toilet tissue, kleenes, hand sanitizer, bleach, chlorox wipes, and lysol are just gone. I saw one large package of paper towels, the rest of the aisle just empty. Also yeast. Although I was able to order some from Kroger, we will see if I actually get it.

The garden seeds are picked over, bad.

My parents dog likes a certain kind of food, and I am ordering it these days from amazon.

Cough and cold medicine is scarce, but you can find it, may not be exactly what you wanted though.

It seems like there were other things I couldn't get, but I am so flustered after the evening I have had I can't even think.

Where is the dang toilet tissue? I have plenty, but for some reason I seem halfway fixated on the lack of it.

Trusted Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I haven’t been able to find a thermometer anywhere.  I hope we don’t need one.

Also we haven’t been able to find hand sanitizer.  However having two cats, I use Lysol wipes all the time and keep them on hand.

@OKPrincess I had no hand sanitizer.  Somebody here told me to try Bath and Body Works, and I was able to get it.  I was able to order it twice, in limited amounts.

This is what I've noticed.  If you check BBW early morning, like 7 AM Eastern time, they might have one of their hand sanitizers available - not the bottles, but the packages of 5 separate squeeze bottlles of one ounce each.  If you see that, order it right away.  Check every day starting as early as you can, and check each day.

I'd also check Amazon for a thermometer.  I have one, but I know I've seen it listed at least once in their best sellers category for health and household.