Respected Contributor

Re: What’s going on in PA?

I don't have a problem with Dr. Fauci.  I think he and our healthcare professionals did what they thought was right and as time went on and more info was discovered about this particular virus, the protocols changed. New info is still coming out.  When my dad got infected in his nursing home, the treatment they offered was convalescent plasma.  Now they offer monoclonal anitbodies but it must be done in first few days of the infection.  They didn't offer that when Dad got sick.  Maybe he'd have survived.

My son followed the protocols and he never got infected tho he's worked with Covid positive patients for over a year now. What we know about this virus has absolutely evolved, from information on how it's spread and how best to avoid it, to treatments, to vaccines.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Qurate is still doing the same thing in its HSN Florida facility,  so they are following their own cautious safety protocols regardless of what a state government may say they can do.

I would keep the guests away permanently. The format generally works, in my opinion. 

I would agree with you if they would eliminate them phoning it in, which is so very uneven in terms of quality and often is nothing more than distracting, sometimes even blocking the audience's view of the products. Both networks have more than enough hosts to handle presenting most items without vendors. In those very rare cases where a vendor is absolutely essential to the presentation of a product, then impose some quality control over their appearances.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

I don't have a problem with Dr. Fauci.  I think he and our healthcare professionals did what they thought was right and as time went on and more info was discovered about this particular virus, the protocols changed. New info is still coming out.  When my dad got infected in his nursing home, the treatment they offered was convalescent plasma.  Now they offer monoclonal anitbodies but it must be done in first few days of the infection.  They didn't offer that when Dad got sick.  Maybe he'd have survived.

My son followed the protocols and he never got infected tho he's worked with Covid positive patients for over a year now. What we know about this virus has absolutely evolved, from information on how it's spread and how best to avoid it, to treatments, to vaccines.

@Kalli, some disparage him no matter the actual focus of a thread. I it all part of the politics involved.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

@Kalli, some disparage him no matter the actual focus of a thread. I it all part of the politics involved.

I really don't think it necessarily is, at least not across the board. Like many in government service, the man has served under numerous administrations, regardless of his own affiliations, and I'm not personally aware of his 'politics', as I never listen to him for that long. I also don't think the fact that some don't hold him up as some great shining light has to do with the 'politics' of the virus nor of his differences with former leadership. Speaking purely for myself, I believe the man has contributed significantly in his time but I also think his time has come and gone. To me, it was a petty and politically motivated mis-step to not appoint a fresh face with less baggage as the virus guru. While it's true knowledge evolves and so there are going to be updates, I'm afraid there is a common perception that Fauci has waffled at least one too many times and that some of his waffling has proven to have somewhat dreadful consequences for a lot of people and for us as a nation.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Pennsylvania-home of QVC studio:  Today, April 09, the statistics are published for April 08.  On April 08, Pennsylvania reported 5,048 cases of new Covid-19.  Deaths: 35. We live in the center of PA, not a big city around us.  We had 50 cases in our county yesterday.  Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Michigan and Florida are the most deadly states for Covid-19 at this time.  By looking at these facts, I would say safety and health protocols need to stay in place. 

QVC Customer Care

This thread is locked to replies. It is going off topic