Honored Contributor

Re: What's everyoone doing for gloves? Any recommendations?

I have a box of gloves that was left by my dads caregiver when he passed away, it sat untouched in the closet for 3 1/2 years, never in a million years did we think we would be using it in a situation like this 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

We've had a box of gloves that's probably 5 years old that I used when I would polish brass and other odious tasks. Now we're using them when we go to the grocery store or to pick up an order at a restaurant. I recently ordered another box from Amazon which I'll get towards the end of April or early May. 

Honored Contributor

I don't wear them....just do a good job washing your hands if you cannot find gloves or like me....choose not to wear them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For several years, I've been ordering bulk sets of  nitrile gloves and thin food-prep  gloves  through Costco.

I use the almost-clear thin polyethelene food-prep  gloves every time I need to handle raw meat and eggs.  They slip on and off very easily and are made to be disposable.   I might go through two or three pairs every time.

Sure beats using soap on my hands several times just to make dinner.

The same types probably can be ordered from Sam's Club or BJ's at a reasonable price..

Respected Contributor

I fortunately have an almost full box of latex disposable gloves.  My DIL gave them to me about a year ago - she works for a dr's office - gives me a box abou every other year.    Masks unfortunately are a different story.

Respected Contributor

No gloves for me either. I don't see the point. I just wash my hands appropriately. 

No mask either, and no plans to get one. I have a couple of wide Bombas headbands that I can use if required. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

for the most part, i wouldn't wear them, although i do have the remainder of a box that a home health aid left here. 

also, i am not really going out at all, but if i WAS going to go out, i would stick a couple of doggie poop bags (which i have tons of) in my pocket in case i had to touch a door, pump gas or use an atm.  

even a couple of sandwich bags could come in handy for the same type of situations.  

Honored Contributor

In early Feb. we made a trip to the store and purchased 4 gallons of bleach, several prs. of disposable gloves, and masks. We thought this would happen,but not to the degree it has. Now gloves: we have several old pair of old heavy cotton gloves. We wear those when we go out, when we are done w/our shopping we put the gloves in a plastic bag and put liquid sanitizer on our hands,when we get home we wash the gloves in the machine w/bleach and dry them and wait for the next time we go out.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

I ran out of disposable gloves.  I use Clorex wipes when I go to the supermarket.  I put two over the handle of the shopping cart and make sure my hands rest on them.  This way when I reach for an item, my hands go directly back on to the wipes.  The same when I put my plastic bags in the trunk.  Seems to work for me, so far.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't have gloves?  Small plastic sandwich bags work!

I keep a box in the car.  Just never know when you will use them.