Respected Contributor

What's everyoone doing for gloves? Any recommendations?

Have ordered masks from Zulily - Thanks @Kachina624.  But I'm stumped on gloves.  Guess last time I cleaned under the kitchen sink & laundry room, rubber gloves went bye-bye.

Also ordered some plain old Playtex gloves from Walmart & they gave me a size too small.  Did a quick search and getting confused.

Are the plain ole household rubber gloves good enough (sterilizing in between going out, of course)?  Or the disposible gloves?

By the time I get "suited up", this'll be over or we'll need rubber pants, too!

(Sorry for the humor, just can't help it.)

Denise
Honored Contributor

Re: What's everyoone doing for gloves? Any recommendations?

@denisemb   About a year ago, I ordered some facial wipes on Amazon.  Instead I got 400 pairs of disposable gloves.  I contacted the seller and told him if he'd send a shipping label, I'd return them.  Never got a label so I became the proud owner of all these gloves.  Wish I could share them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Wow, lucky mistake.  Woman Happy

Denise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just use the disposable gloves too.  But then I already had them, and I assume that finding any now would be about impossible.  Like @Kachina624  "I wish I could share."  I hope you can find some somewhere.

ETA ~ Do you by chance know anyone (friend, friend of a friend, etc) who works in a restaurant that is doing the "take-out" only?  They are purchased in restaurants by the case, and you might be able to buy a box of the latex type ones, and they come 100 in a single box.  HTH

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

I'm using disposable vinyl gloves I got in the dollar store. I've found them readily available. There are latex and nitrile gloves, too. For some reason, the vinyl is most comfortable for me. I don't dispose of them, I wash them same as I wash my hands. They can be reused many times. 

Yes, with my gloves on as I come home from a supermarket foray, I use soap and water for 20 seconds or longer and wash the gloves still on my hands. Then I take them off and let them dry and I wash my bare hands, too.

Even if you are using "dish" gloves, you don't have to sterilize them to make them reusable. Soap and water at comfortable temperature will clean gloves for repeated outside use. 

Ditto for a cloth mask. Toss it in the machine with clothes or wash separately in the sink with soap and water and allow to air dry. (I use a hair dryer set at low heat to get my cloth mask drying quicker). 

Killing virus (or bacteria) with soap and water is sufficient. The notion of sterilizing is not necessary. The idea is not to allow spread by contaminated contact. We're not preparing our personal protective effects for surgery. 

Respected Contributor

Amazon has gloves. I ordered for my moms home aid a week ago.

Respected Contributor

I found disposable gloves at Dollar General, they're sold instore only...their website can let you see if they're in stock at stores near you. I also bought disposable gloves at a small family owned hardware store & at auto supply stores, mechanics use them. Good Luck @denisemb.

Respected Contributor

Just my opinion, of course, but I don't see much benefit in gloves.  If seeing a gloved hand reminds you not to touch your face, maybe.  Otherwise they're as dirty as your hands would be.

Respected Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

Just my opinion, of course, but I don't see much benefit in gloves.  If seeing a gloved hand reminds you not to touch your face, maybe.  Otherwise they're as dirty as your hands would be.

Maybe.  Think I'd feel marginally better with a shopping car handle, and MUCH less  likely to touch my face with latex...[shrug}

Denise
Respected Contributor

If you have a Home Depot know someone who found disposable gloves there.