Honored Contributor

Re: What's everyone up to today?

@muttmom wrote:

It's been a beautiful fall weekend here.  Yesterday we went to a fall festival.  This morning we went to church then brunch.  I have some ends to tie up as I'm having knee surgery on Tuesday and will be out of commission for a bit.

@muttmom- just wanted to wish you well on your knee surgery.  I hope it's nothing too serious.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise love your photo.  I saw my last hummingbird at my feeder a week ago.  I love them.  I will leave the feeders up a little longer for stragglers. 

Thanks again for sharing the photo,you're talented. It isn't easy to capture those little gems in pictures.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

I just woke up in rainy So Cal. I now have to reset a few clocks and the microwave. And the tv and computer was messed up.Turn up the heat somewhat for it is cold for me although it said later this week it will be in the 80's.  Maybe take a short walk.  Feed the cats. Clean the house-maybe.  Nothing much for this old lady.  Have a good one for yo urself.

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@Susan Louise love your photo.  I saw my last hummingbird at my feeder a week ago.  I love them.  I will leave the feeders up a little longer for stragglers. 

Thanks again for sharing the photo,you're talented. It isn't easy to capture those little gems in pictures.

@MoJoV  Bless your heart...Thank you Smiley Happy

Yes, you are right, the little gems are difficult to get good pics of which is why I had to take so many...LOL 

I am going through withdrawls now not having them around. We don't have them during the breeding season, just during the short periods during the migration. We are on the western edge on their migration route too here in NE...so we consider ourselves lucky we are at least within that range Smiley Happy

Today looks to be the last day with fairly high temps (low 80's) before they drop and I'm going to try and get as much housework done so I can treat myself to sitting on our porch with a book and a mug of coffee this afternoon! A lovely indian summer type of day!

Honored Contributor

We were gone for a few days and prior to that I was having knee problems, so this morning I had to grocery shop and run numerous errands.  I did have time for a seasonal latte.

Summer has returned to the Jersey shore for a few days and dogs are allowed on the beach.  My boy and I took a walk and despite his old age, he still enjoys stalking gulls.