Respected Contributor

Re: What's everyone up to today?

Recuperating from arthroscopic knee surgery...and it's not been the walk in the park I had hoped it would be. Ouch!!!

Let me say it again, OUCH!!!!!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because a retail link was included.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Recuperating from arthroscopic knee surgery...and it's not been the walk in the park I had hoped it would be. Ouch!!!

It was not too easy for me, either. Hang in there...it does get better. 

Honored Contributor

Spent a beautiful day relaxing at the beach with my book and beach chair! Perfect beach day!

Honored Contributor

Hmmmm odd - I hadn't thought I posted a link above, only the title and item number of what I purchased (unless there was a link unbeknownst to me!) but my post got poofed. Oh, well, I'll start again then.  @gidgetgh  I had a great day at Talbot's and am going back tomorrow to a different one because the one I was in today didn't have the red Boston Terrier sweater in my size and it's on sale but they told me which store has two in my size so I'm going there tomorrow.  (And the store I was in today had a boatload of them back in late August - wow they sold a lot of those).

Pima cotton long sleeved tees were on sale today for $20 - what a value!  They feel divine on so I bought black and off white (my two staples) although the sleeves are long on me and I'll need to push them up, but that's OK.

I also bought - for $5.00 because it too was on sale for $20 and I used my $15 Talbot's check (coupon)  the Long Sleeved Crewneck Tee - Bright Flowers as it's called on the site.  The photo on the site (sorry don't know how to post photos) doesn't do it justice at all.  It's very retro-looking, like "flower power!" and reminds me of some Bob Mackie retro things too.  The color of the background in the photo is way too dark - it's a pretty very deep blue (kind of navy and kind of deep royal blue) and the colorful retro-drawn flowers really pop on it.  It look soo much better in person than on the T site.  I love mine!  And the price was certainly right.  I can't wait to wear it! And it's very denim-friendly.

So I'm off to the second Talbot's tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have just started sorting through literally 70,000-80,000 pics I took over the coarse of the hummingbird migration period for us...taken between 7/31-10/8...when our last hummer left.

I also took some pics of other birds that were migrating during that period...like various Warblers, Eastern Phoebes, etc., but a good 85% of them are of the Ruby-throated hummingbirds.

Here's a pic I'll share Smiley Happy

P2950517.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

It was a beautiful day. We went to the Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze and then "built" a scarecrow to take home.
Respected Contributor

Waiting to try to talk to my dad, who has dementia and is in a nursing home, doing physical rehab after breaking his leg in a fall at home two weeks ago. He did know me yesterday, so it was a better day. Planning another long drive to see him this week. Enjoyed a beautiful day on the porch. 70s. Perfect. Finished an article I was writing which is due Tuesday. My husband was enjoying doing some minor yard work as a way to just be outside. Several boats out on lake today. No complaints. 

Trusted Contributor

We had a lot of fun today.  My husband's birthday!  I made lemon merangue pie, and our older son and his wife and new baby boy came with wonderful Chinese dumplings.  We had a great day spending time together. My husband was so happy.  He's a great person, and it's wonderful to see him so happy.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@pupwhipped- I had knee surgery several years ago (torn meniscus).  Nope, no walk in the park.  Hoping that your recovery goes smoothly.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?