Honored Contributor

Re: What's an area in history, you find interesting?

How interesting about your family ties to Alsace-Lorraine, @Free2be !   So glad you shared that.  You are so right, due to its location, it was like a crossroads of Europe, and a cauldron of competing and conflicting interests.

Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

@qualitygal. I've always loved Williamsburg and Jamestown.  The history, the architecture,  the reenactments, etc are impressive especially for that time period.

@grandma r Me too!  I found out not long ago that someone in my family history landed there very early on.  I was happy about that.   

Super Contributor

I am fascinated by history in general, and I am really drawn to ancient cultures, such as the Egyptians, Greeks, etc.  But if there is anything on tv regarding an historical period or person, you will find me watching.

Honored Contributor

Thank you to everyone for comments.  All, so interesting and I'm so impressed. Wish I could read everyone's "book" on all this.  Totally impressed!!

Valued Contributor

Pretty much anytime before my birth in this new country called America.  But the sixties has always intrigued me.  It was the best of times, it was the worse of times.   

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor

I’m of Sicilian/Irish extraction. I try to learn as much as I can especially with my Irish side since the English have been committing a genocide against them it’s hard to find “true” history without the English involved for the last 900 years.
Esteemed Contributor

The Ancient Moores and Berber people.

The Kingdom of Nubia/Kush

Classical Music written, composed by Blacks in the early 18th Century

Egyptology as it relates to the great divide in Africa (many Egyptians who don't consider themselves African).  Very interesting stuff.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life