Esteemed Contributor

It may not be a true "phobia" in the strictest sense, but I absolutely do not like big loopty-loop, scary roller-coasters!!!

They scare the daylights out of me!

What's your "phobia"?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

High arcing curves on highways.  I always fear I'll lose control and go over the edge.

Honored Contributor

spiders-------Woman Sad

Trusted Contributor

Clowns

High and/or long bridges

Honored Contributor

I don't know if it's a phobia but I don't like closed doors, except for closet doors.

The only time I will close the bathroom door is if there is someone else in the house with me.

Respected Contributor

Where do I begin (going to sound like MONK here LOL)

Running out of my Thyroid medication!! (this one seems to happen alot)

Driving on highways....lost this ability yrs back when I was having to travel far for medical treatments.  I was fearful of what the treatments were going to be like and so on so I began having panic attacks about it and well I guess I transferred my panic to driving on the highway.  I used to drive it no issues until this season in my life and I can't seem to shake.

Honored Contributor

Re: What's Your "Phobia"?

[ Edited ]

Roaches!

We hates them & we are terrified of them too! - Gollum

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I have several, unfortunately, but here is my most severe one. 

A former co-worker of mine, who is also troubled by it, calls it “collapse-o-phobia”.  It’s the fear of the weight of things.

Like I look at all those tall buildings with like 90 floors and just don’t understand how it handles all the weight.

If you’re at a football stadium, or something like that, and everyone is jumping up and down and screaming and cheering, it terrifies me. I’m afraid it will collapse from the weight. 

You see on the news decks or dance floors collapsing from the weight. 

When we bought our new washer and dryer recently, I quietly worried about the weight of the set.  Same with the refrigerator we bought last summer.  Once stuff like that has been in the house for awhile, I’m ok with it. 

I have other phobias, but that one bothers me the most because you run into it everywhere. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Large bodies of water, and long bridges over large bodies of water.

Respected Contributor

I guess I have two phobias.    One is going through long tunnels.  I always fear that something will happen such as an accident or a breakdown and I will be stuck in there for a long time.  

My other phobia is spiders.   I've always feared them since I was a child.