Esteemed Contributor

What's Your Favorite Sweet Weakness During the Holidays?

I have to avoid the candy aisle at Walgreens or else I'll walk home with 8 of those chocolate coated marshmallow Santas. And I'm not supposed to be eating any sugar on this new food plan. Riiiiiight!

Merry Christmas!

Respected Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Sweet Weakness During the Holidays?

Walker's Scotch Shortbread made with 30% real butter. Woman Very Happy If I'm especially ambitious, I will make the shortbread myself. Then serve it with a mug of hot spiced apple cider, and I'm in my happy place!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Christmas cookies!  I have so many sweet memories of when I used to start baking a variety of them the day after Thanksgiving and freeze them.  On Christmas Day, I'd give them to nieces nephews and the kids of friends.  Unfortunately, I'd eat some as I baked, lol.  Had to stop due to a lack of control.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

You guys know that the troll has bumped up old threads, right, with this being one of them?

Bumping of threads is also against standards.

Once the mods clock in, the threads will be removed/locked, and (hopefully) the troll banned.

Respected Contributor

Homemade cut-out frosted cookies!

Honored Contributor

Cannolis.