Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Stress Food?

Nuked tortilla chips with melted Mexican taco cheese.
Valued Contributor

Used to be a big bag of salt and vinegar potatoe chips or chocolate covered pretzel ice cream! LOVETHAT SWEET & salty combo. 

I have been working at losing weight slowly over the last year and a half. So now my big splurge is a 2% yogurt instead of zero fat, and an extra one. OR; peanut butter~low fat of course in my smoothie instead of the powdered very low fat powder! Who boo!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Crunchy, salty carbs of any kind:  potato chips, tortilla chips, crackers, cheese doodles. I have so many bags of them in my house, that with my small pantry, l have no room to store them out of my sight. So they all sit out on my "carb peninsula," at the ready whenever l cast an eye upon them!

YEAH!

Can I come over to your house?

Lol, l can sure use some help consuming all this stuff! "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips."

Handygal:

My grandmother said almost the same thing!!!  

"You sure you want to eat that, hon?  A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!"

Oh, the memories!😄

Honored Contributor

Nothing that's good for me, unfortunately.  Pizza, tacos and almost anything chocolate, like a moist, chewy brownie.  I try to take a walk when I'm feeling stressed.  Funny but it's just not the same somehow.😼

Honored Contributor

@baker wrote:

I can't eat when I stressed, if I'm at home I'll grab a glass of wine and take some deep breaths.If I'm out somewhere, I'll just do some deep breathing.

I WISH l had that reaction when stressed, instead of the opposite. Much better for one's health, and waistline!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

cheese or chocolate.  Oh... and nuts too (pecans or cashews) 

Trusted Contributor

A low-cal green drink. KIDDING! 

Serious stress-buster for me? 

It IS a food group for some.....

2605-200box-2.jpg

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

Cheetos.  I rarely have them, but if I'm really stressed, that does the trick.

And during those stress times, the Cheetos are even better with a Skyy martini, dirty.

http://rlv.zcache.com/devil_smiley_face_2_classic_round_sticker-r38107db70f5e4a8eac5dec4b5410e217_v9waf_8byvr_50.jpg

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

A bowl of pasta, usually elbow macaroni, with butter and a little milk, salt and pepper.

Honored Contributor

When I am stressed, I want cake with icing.  It can be a Pepperidge Farm layer cake, a reduced price birthday cake from Kroger or WalMart, or a Little Debbie cake, as long as it's cake with icing.   I try hard not to let myself get that stressed more than once or twice a year.