Valued Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Stress Food?

Chocolate! 😋

In many forms, chocolate can always comfort me!

Honored Contributor

potato chips, chocolate, warm, gooey, chocolate chip cookies,

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

I misread the title line as "What food stresses you out most?"--so came in to say that the food that stresses me out the most is Alton Brown's recipe for coq au vin, because it has 2000 ingredients and all of them have to be minced, chopped, strained, or otherwise coddled.  It's good though. 

Food I crave when stressed?  Probably pasta--and it really seems to calm me down.

Honored Contributor

Homemade pb cookies...the ones with the fork marks on top and a tall glass of ice cold chocolate milk Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm not a stress eater. When I'm stressed I can't eat, but for comfort food I like mashed potatoes with butter, cream of tomato soup, mac and cheese and cheeseburgers.

If I'm bored, I tend to crave sweets.

Chips and dips are high on my list, but they are "happy" food for me. Party food.

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

I misread the title line as "What food stresses you out most?"--so came in to say that the food that stresses me out the most is Alton Brown's recipe for coq au vin, because it has 2000 ingredients and all of them have to be minced, chopped, strained, or otherwise coddled.  It's good though. 

Food I crave when stressed?  Probably pasta--and it really seems to calm me down.

Woman LOL

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Crunchy, salty carbs of any kind:  potato chips, tortilla chips, crackers, cheese doodles. I have so many bags of them in my house, that with my small pantry, l have no room to store them out of my sight. So they all sit out on my "carb peninsula," at the ready whenever l cast an eye upon them!

YEAH!

Can I come over to your house?

Lol, l can sure use some help consuming all this stuff! "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips."

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Ice cream is always my favorite food.  I do not have to be stressed.

Honored Contributor

I can't eat when I stressed, if I'm at home I'll grab a glass of wine and take some deep breaths.If I'm out somewhere, I'll just do some deep breathing.

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

LOL.  He can get really out there.  I'll have to take a peek at that recipe Smiley Happy