Respected Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite QVC Story or Blooper?

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

@vicki is ok wrote:

This is more of a horrible story that happened quite some time ago, so I'm hoping someone else here who has watched as long as me can help fill in the details. It was a fashion show and there were two models being shown. All of a sudden you saw the one model say something to the other and then whap, a huge slap was given to the model doing the talking. There was an argument beginning and QVC went to something else really quick. When they came back to live tv, the models were gone. The model who did the slapping was never seen again on QVC. I want to say that the other model is one of the older models still on, but I could be wrong. A really really bad day for the Q.

Does anyone else remember this???

Vicki

Yes.  I was trying to remember the model's name.  She was brunette and popular with the viewers.

Dorian I believe was her name and rumor had it she was fired.

She and Angela got into the fight but I don't remember it happening on air.  I thought it happened behind the scenes.  LOL 

Thank you !

Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

Mike Rowe when he was a  host was gold. Him selling the paper bag for cats to play with is hysterical. Some of his best is on YouTube.

Mike Rowe trying to sell a doll should be a QVC Hall Of Famer. Smiley Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esXvk9AV0MI

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Late one night or very early in the morning, during a show hosted by David Venable, a man called in, and serenaded David with the chorus of Ludacris's song "What's your fantasy". 😳

David was clearly flustered listening to the  male caller "singing" in such creepy and lascivious manner. After the call ended, David kept saying the caller was going to be reported to the FCC.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

Mike Rowe when he was a  host was gold. Him selling the paper bag for cats to play with is hysterical. Some of his best is on YouTube.

Mike Rowe trying to sell a doll should be a QVC Hall Of Famer. Smiley Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esXvk9AV0MI

Loved him!  Still do!  I also loved any time that Gary Lowethal was on for Boyd's Bears!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Valued Contributor

I haven't seen any of these incidents. NJ Rosalee's recent call to Leah was the first I'd heard of any of these funnies. I gotta watch more QVC!!

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

@vicki is ok wrote:

This is more of a horrible story that happened quite some time ago, so I'm hoping someone else here who has watched as long as me can help fill in the details. It was a fashion show and there were two models being shown. All of a sudden you saw the one model say something to the other and then whap, a huge slap was given to the model doing the talking. There was an argument beginning and QVC went to something else really quick. When they came back to live tv, the models were gone. The model who did the slapping was never seen again on QVC. I want to say that the other model is one of the older models still on, but I could be wrong. A really really bad day for the Q.

Does anyone else remember this???

Vicki

Yes.  I was trying to remember the model's name.  She was brunette and popular with the viewers.

Dorian I believe was her name and rumor had it she was fired.

She and Angela got into the fight but I don't remember it happening on air.  I thought it happened behind the scenes.  LOL 

Thank you !

That on you tube ?

LOL

Trusted Contributor

I seem to remember when the fallout between Angela and the other model happened. I believe at the time, the other model was quite popular with viewers.

I remember back in the mid 90's, Jane R. Tracey took a call from a viewer. She talked to the caller for awhile, but I remember at the end, they said they really liked her chest.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

Someone mentioned Mary Beth and I also remember the jewelry that broke after going on about how strong and durable it is. There's a blooper from QVC UK where they are selling a product (I think it was Lock &Lock). They had a caller on air and asked them if the product was as good as QVC said it was and the caller said, "Not really". Another one from QVC UK they were selling a vacuum cleaner and couldn't get the thing to work prproperly and they couldn't stop laughing.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of my favorites, can't recall the host, but they were selling a shower caddy that attached to the shower stall wall with suction cups.  A caller said how hers let go about 2 a.m. and scared her to death.  They proceeded to tell her how to make it stick and each time she said she had tried that.  It was hilarious.

More recently a wine opener of some kind that wouldn't work.  Very funny. 

I think my all time favorite was a call Jayne took when she was presenting a blouse. The caller said "she" was buying one in every color because she used to be a man.  Jayne sort of blinked and I could swear she blushed but she soldiered on.  Stammering and stumbling but she made it through!

This was wayyyy before Jenner.

OP wonder why yours got poofed.

Respected Contributor

@scotttie wrote:

One of my favorites, can't recall the host, but they were selling a shower caddy that attached to the shower stall wall with suction cups.  A caller said how hers let go about 2 a.m. and scared her to death.  They proceeded to tell her how to make it stick and each time she said she had tried that.  It was hilarious.

More recently a wine opener of some kind that wouldn't work.  Very funny. 

I think my all time favorite was a call Jayne took when she was presenting a blouse. The caller said "she" was buying one in every color because she used to be a man.  Jayne sort of blinked and I could swear she blushed but she soldiered on.  Stammering and stumbling but she made it through!

This was wayyyy before Jenner.

OP wonder why yours got poofed.

It was about a vendor and a baby.