Honored Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite QVC Story or Blooper?

Last month on one of David's kitchen show, the pots & pan female vendor was baking stuffing. 

She asked David, "doesn't this smell good?"

David replied "yes it does."

The vendor proceeded to spoon feed David, who scrunched up his face & blurted out "I don't like stuffing."

The vendor said, "you don't know what you're missing."

David says, "yes I do" & quickly changed the subject by going through the colors of the pots & pans.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

This is fun!  There was a recurring caller from a woman who claimed to be on her way to the delivery room, but just HAD to order the item on air. 

I think the woman was really a man and "she" would always call in the early morning. Jayne  and Pat would seem to get her calls.

She would say that she JUST got married the day before and the hosts would congratulate her. The caller then announced she was on her way to the hospital to have a baby.

After several times getting stuck with this caller, Jayne and Pat would rush her off the phone. I think the call monitors blocked her number because I have not heard "her" in a long time!

I mean, it was the same spiel each time she called! Oh, I remember Jayne's face the last time she called! Too funny!

Valued Contributor

This was back in the day when Bob Bowersox was hosting his kitchen show and he was showing a product (cant remember what it was) but it had multi layers to it and what he wanted to say was that it was four ply but instead he miss spoke and said...foreplay.  
I had a good giggle.
~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The funniest I remember was when Steve was talking for a long time to a caller who finally said "ok I gotta go" and the you could clearly hear the toilet flush. It was SO funny! But Steve soldiered on.

Super Contributor

This is more of a horrible story that happened quite some time ago, so I'm hoping someone else here who has watched as long as me can help fill in the details. It was a fashion show and there were two models being shown. All of a sudden you saw the one model say something to the other and then whap, a huge slap was given to the model doing the talking. There was an argument beginning and QVC went to something else really quick. When they came back to live tv, the models were gone. The model who did the slapping was never seen again on QVC. I want to say that the other model is one of the older models still on, but I could be wrong. A really really bad day for the Q.

Does anyone else remember this???

Vicki

Honored Contributor

The only one I wittnessed was Lisa Mason. saying "don't mind my I'm just stroking my......beaver.

I fell out of the chair laughing so hard, my husband ran in the room wanting to know what that noise was.

Super Contributor

@songbird wrote:

The only one I wittnessed was Lisa Mason. saying "don't mind my I'm just stroking my......beaver.

I fell out of the chair laughing so hard, my husband ran in the room wanting to know what that noise was.

Well songbird I almost just fell outof my chair right now. Too too funny!!!

Vicki

Respected Contributor

@vicki is ok wrote:

This is more of a horrible story that happened quite some time ago, so I'm hoping someone else here who has watched as long as me can help fill in the details. It was a fashion show and there were two models being shown. All of a sudden you saw the one model say something to the other and then whap, a huge slap was given to the model doing the talking. There was an argument beginning and QVC went to something else really quick. When they came back to live tv, the models were gone. The model who did the slapping was never seen again on QVC. I want to say that the other model is one of the older models still on, but I could be wrong. A really really bad day for the Q.

Does anyone else remember this???

Vicki

Yes.  I was trying to remember the model's name.  She was brunette and popular with the viewers.

Respected Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

This is fun!  There was a recurring caller from a woman who claimed to be on her way to the delivery room, but just HAD to order the item on air. 

I think the woman was really a man and "she" would always call in the early morning. Jayne  and Pat would seem to get her calls.

She would say that she JUST got married the day before and the hosts would congratulate her. The caller then announced she was on her way to the hospital to have a baby.

After several times getting stuck with this caller, Jayne and Pat would rush her off the phone. I think the call monitors blocked her number because I have not heard "her" in a long time!

I mean, it was the same spiel each time she called! Oh, I remember Jayne's face the last time she called! Too funny!

Yes, it seemed like a prank Howard Stern would play! 

Valued Contributor

I remember a show that had Jill, right after Star Trek collectibles which got me started watching in the early 90's, there was some cosmetics airing after so I left it on. The camera man was obviously a man because he wouldn't show them putting the makeup on the model but kept showing the makeup cases instead. Jill went off on him and complained to the producers on air! Anyone remember that?

I also hate when men take pictures of half closed compacts, or closed compacts in some cases, and use them online &  you can't see the colors.