Respected Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite QVC Story or Blooper?

Recently on Shoe Shopping with Jane, she was presenting OTK boots that were on top of a stand. They kept falling over and she was gallantly trying to keep them upright. What a trooper she is. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

How about Rick selling a Dell computer in the wee hours of the morning to a guy named 'Randy'.

"What are you using it for, Randy?"

"Oh...personal use...and p*rno"

Man, that was a giggle.

http://youtu.be/8yVM8KljypI

This has nothing to do wth QVC but recently, since the lottery has gotten so big, a newscaster asked a guy in line buying tickets what he was going to do with the money if he won and he said "I'm going to get me some hookers and drugs."  He was joking and busted out laughing but the poor newscaster looked like a deer in headlights.

Honored Contributor

I was giggling at Albany this weekend.  

She was on her third show of the day I think and it was a complete honest slip of the tongue.  She was outside selling a snow blower and the guy she was with had just mentioned the snow storm about to hit the midwest.  She said earlier her brother in Texas has gotten surprised with 18" of the white stuff.  

I know she was trying to feed off her vendor's last remark and it came out as "Yes, people really need this especially in Texas and, yes, the Midwest where they are just not used to snow and ice."    I think she immediately realized what she had just said but kept going.  Good for her!  

It made me laugh because I think the Midwest is fairly up close and personal with snow and ice and could teach most of the rest of us how to deal with it.  Smiley Very Happy  

Honored Contributor

The Wenner of Our Discontent

Flockingbird

Spanx For The Memories

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I was giggling at Albany this weekend.  

She was on her third show of the day I think and it was a complete honest slip of the tongue.  She was outside selling a snow blower and the guy she was with had just mentioned the snow storm about to hit the midwest.  She said earlier her brother in Texas has gotten surprised with 18" of the white stuff.  

I know she was trying to feed off her vendor's last remark and it came out as "Yes, people really need this especially in Texas and, yes, the Midwest where they are just not used to snow and ice."    I think she immediately realized what she had just said but kept going.  Good for her!  

It made me laugh because I think the Midwest is fairly up close and personal with snow and ice and could teach most of the rest of us how to deal with it.  Smiley Very Happy  

I don't get it. =Smiley Tongue

Amarillo actually did get 18in of snow....and it snows like a crazy out there. Sorry, am I missing the punchline? 

Honored Contributor

And what about Boston area that had snow on the ground last year until almost April/May??

The Northeast knows how to handle snow too.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

There was one just this morning.  Leah was hosting and a lady called in an said the F-Bomb. During a Denim & Co. show this morning.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Back in the day Jeffery (thanks for the Jeffery) Hewson was Hosting a jewelry show with Morgan Fairchild.  Women were always gushing over him.  He was a creep to me, but whatever.

He was hosting the show and a caller was gushing all over Morgan, and then she said "Jeffery, I have always wanted to tell you something"  he said "yes?", then she said "D@#$ Jeffery, I want to jump on your bones".  OMG, Morgan covered her mouth, they looked at each other and the screen went to a prerecorded ad.  Then in a few they were back like nothing happened.

Seriously, I started to turn channels after that every time a caller came on.  The final straw came when Kathy Levine was hosting a sapphire show.  I can still see the ring in her hand  BECAUSE a caller called in and kept Kathy on the phone for over 20 mins!!  This lady went on and on about QVC jewelry, it was better than what she bought in overseas.  Kathy tried and tried to get her off.  The lady caller was loaded for sure.  Why they couldn't get her off the air, IDK.  It was awful.  We weren't able to see the rest of the items in the show.  When they got rid of her, Kathy apologized, but it was time for the next show.  That was it.  Between those calls and a certain vendor I quit watching QVC for a few years.  Then there was online, so I was happy.

Respected Contributor

Saroy, I was going to mention that and it's on the video posted for the item. Lol.
Honored Contributor

Favorite funny blooper was when Steve Bryant ate the whip cream Virginia Olsen had put on some treat she cooked in the Nesco.  It was whipped soap!!  Was he shocked!  I can still see him running to the off stage and turning his back.  Virginia laughed, and tried to explain.  I loved Virginia she is my all time favorite vendor and HOST!  Never an embarrassing moment, she cooked the best food.  She sold those Nesco's by her food skills alone.  She was a home economist, and she knew her stuff!  She was the best.  When she came she cooked a feast all day.  I hear the stage hands worked over time to finish her food!

She explained she always made fresh whipped cream, but it was a long show, and she had another show a couple hours after that and she wanted that dessert to last, so she whipped dry detergent with a little water to use as "whipped cream"  YUCK!!