Honored Contributor

Re: What's Wrong with People?

You make a very good argument @Isobel Archer . 

Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

So now folks are calling for prosecution of those who did not intervene.

And yet the immigration judge who decided that his previous conviction for sexual assault was insufficient reason to deport him - gets a complete pass.  And I hear no one calling for his deportation now.

So if someone had intervened and injured this entitled person, who would have been prosecuted then?

So, @Isobel Archer what do you suppose we do about that judge?  If the judge is elected "the people of that state and district" can hold him/her accountable with their votes.  If he was appointed, then hold the person who appointed him accountable.  Pass?  How do you know this will be the case?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

And yet the immigration judge who decided that his previous conviction for sexual assault was insufficient reason to deport him - gets a complete pass.  And I hear no one calling for his deportation now.

So if someone had intervened and injured this entitled person, who would have been prosecuted then?

So, @Isobel Archer what do you suppose we do about that judge?  If the judge is elected "the people of that state and district" can hold him/her accountable with their votes.  If he was appointed, then hold the person who appointed him accountable.  Pass?  How do you know this will be the case?

Don't worry.  Nothing will happen to the judge.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Don't worry.  Nothing will happen to the judge.  

@Isobel Archer I'm not worried about any judge.  Are you?  I'm simply stating how anyone can take action when things don't go their way.  Got it?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

That is truly pathetic.  Just about everyone has a cell phone and you mean to tell me they can't help out the woman?  What if it was your mother?  Those people in that car should be a shamed of themselves.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

It’s sickening! I once saw a news clip about a man raping a 2 yr old and people just watched! The world has become something I don’t recognize anymore.
Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

Amen!
Respected Contributor

I’ll give you that. However, if it’s on video, didn’t someone know?
Respected Contributor

In a perfect world, yes. But, who knows how many people are carrying and what kind of a gun battle would ensue and how many innocent victims there would be? Sad
Trusted Contributor

The answer is we stopped raising men.