Honored Contributor

Re: What's Wrong with People?

@PickyPicky3  and @drizzellla 

I am so sorry to hear of your own assaults and anyone else who didn't share.  There are many out there.

Picky Picky--your example in your other post is a great reason why people should do what's best and at the very least call police. 

It may *click* in someone's head reading here right now --some day--your words of how it may have saved you.   Thank you for that.

Trusted Contributor

I would take my chances with being arrested and call 911 if I saw someone being attacked like that. Guess I'm gutsy...but it sickens me to thing that could happen and no one cared enough to help the victim. If there were several people present, they could have jumped the perp and stopped him. They should all be ashamed they didn't at least try and help. What a cesspool some of our once great cities have become. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Such a heartbreaking story. Not only will the woman have to face this fear every time a man comes near her but she will likely have lost all faith in humanity knowing fellow, capable, human beings not only did nothing to help her but filmed it and posted it as entertainment for social media. She will never be the same. Smiley Sad

I wish the police could find the ones who posted the videos and charge them with a crime. It's so disturbing. I hope some good people will reach out to this woman and give her support. 

And what does this say about those who watched it on social media?  

And what does it say about social media that it was allowed to be posted for anyone to view?

@Lipstickdiva 

What social media site has this been found on?  I haven't heard of any, but it's not hard to believe......

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Such a heartbreaking story. Not only will the woman have to face this fear every time a man comes near her but she will likely have lost all faith in humanity knowing fellow, capable, human beings not only did nothing to help her but filmed it and posted it as entertainment for social media. She will never be the same. Smiley Sad

I wish the police could find the ones who posted the videos and charge them with a crime. It's so disturbing. I hope some good people will reach out to this woman and give her support. 

And what does it say about social media that it was allowed to be posted for anyone to view?

@Lipstickdiva 

What social media site has this been found on?  I haven't heard of any, but it's not hard to believe......

@gertrudecloset  The Philadelphia Inquirer stated that smartphones were up and videoing the attack while it took place.  I've not seen a video from the Septa train nor looked on social media for it---all out of respect for the victim.

I hate to say this, but I wish that these low life pieces of garbage do post it on social media and are caught that way.  If that is possible.  

I can't believe the police didn't hold passengers for questioning when they came on the scene.  What did they just let everyone go their merry way?  After seeing the partially clothed bum and the victim in a state of shock?

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

@gertrudecloset  The Philadelphia Inquirer stated that smartphones were up and videoing the attack while it took place.  I've not seen a video from the Septa train nor looked on social media for it---all out of respect for the victim.

I hate to say this, but I wish that these low life pieces of garbage do post it on social media and are caught that way.  If that is possible.  

I can't believe the police didn't hold passengers for questioning when they came on the scene.  What did they just let everyone go their merry way?  After seeing the partially clothed bum and the victim in a state of shock?

I have no doubt that many social media sites would entertain the notion of letting people upload this smut.  Something inside me, tells me that will not be the case this time around (I hope I'm right) @Lucky Charm 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

@gertrudecloset , I didn't even look.  I was just responding to this poster's comment.  I now see others saying it is not on social media so maybe it's one of those things where someone said it and others just keep repeating it but it's not true? 

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

*sees thread title*

*wonders where to start* 

Computer Squirrel | Funny animal pictures, Squirrel funny, Animals

@mistriTsquirrel 

Classic. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@Winkk wrote:

I live in the Philly suburbs and heard that on the news.  I just can't believe not one person called 911.  I bet some were filming it and will post on YouTube or something.  Disgustng.

I also live in the Philly area and saw this story on the news.  What you described is exactly what happened.  Other passengers were filming it with their phones and posting it on social media.  Sickening. 

@ninjawife The "passengers" are animals. 

Honored Contributor

I'll include myself in asking this hard question:  Have I lately written to my city council, state representatives, governor, senators or anyone else about crime in this country?

Only my city.  But if I don't that's criminal on my part.  This stuff happens because AMERICAN citizens do not stand up and insist it doesn't happen and put pressure on the people who fund law enforcement to do something about it.

When we are silent, we are also allowing it.  We are standing by and watching. 

Respected Contributor

So now folks are calling for prosecution of those who did not intervene.

And yet the immigration judge who decided that his previous conviction for sexual assault was insufficient reason to deport him - gets a complete pass.  And I hear no one calling for his deportation now.

So if someone had intervened and injured this entitled person, who would have been prosecuted then?