Respected Contributor

Re: What's Wrong with People?

@Winkk wrote:

I live in the Philly suburbs and heard that on the news.  I just can't believe not one person called 911.  I bet some were filming it and will post on YouTube or something.  Disgustng.

I also live in the Philly area and saw this story on the news.  What you described is exactly what happened.  Other passengers were filming it with their phones and posting it on social media.  Sickening. 

Honored Contributor

Disgusting!  How horrifying!

I wish my dd and her fiance would move out of Philly....they love it and purchased a house there last year but are thinking of moving to the suburbs or out in the country within the next few years.

Honored Contributor

It happens more than you think. In the 70s I was walking home from work at about 5:30PM. I got to a very busy intersection. Two guys came up behind me and literally picked me up and threw me into the street, face first. I landed on my forehead. I am shocked I was not hit by a car. The guys ran off.

I was bleeding but because it was such a busy intersection I had to stand and wait until I got the green light. By then the front of my coat was soaked in blood. And the blood was forming pools in my shoes. I still had three blocks to walk to the house.

Many cars drove past me and many cars were sitting in the intersection waiting for the green light when I ended up face first in the street. 

My Dad drove me to the hospital. My poor Mom collasped on the floor when she saw my smashed in head and all the blood.  And the police were notified by the hospital what happened. No one called the police.

Yes, City of Brotherly Love. 

Respected Contributor

Those people who failed to act will meet their maker someday.

Maybe if they considered that it could have been their mom, their sister, their daughter, or grandmother, they would have jumped in to stop this.  They have no morals and karma is a &*^()@#.  They deserve to be prosecuted, IMO.

Absolutey disgusting, and what should have happened is the other passengers should have all banded together and beat him within an inch of his life.   That would be some justice.  

Look up "how the night stalker was caught".  Those neighbors knew how to take care of business.  My understanding is that he wanted the police to save him from the angry crowd.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@drizzellla  I'm sorry this happened to you and yes, it's been happening for quite awhile and still continues.

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla   That is just awful!  I can't believe that people wouldn't even offer to help you, after seeing you bleeding.  So sad that people won't get involved.  

Didn't their parents teach them anything?  Just shameful.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Disgusting!  How horrifying!

I wish my dd and her fiance would move out of Philly....they love it and purchased a house there last year but are thinking of moving to the suburbs or out in the country within the next few years.

@haddon9 Just this week I heard that Center City is becoming a buyers' market with a 3 month supply of residences for sale. Suburban Bucks and Montgomery Counties have a 3 WEEK supply. 

Respected Contributor

Thank goodness the "alleged" (said sarcastically) rapist was arrested.  Now let's pray for a speedy trial, conviction and a harsh sentence that will keep this low-life behind bars for a very long time.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - Living in NYC, I remember the Kitty Genovese story very well.  So sad, especially since she could have been saved. May she rest in peace,

@drizzellla - I'm sorry that happened to you and no one came to your aid.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

This isn't just a recent phenomenon, for those of us who remember the Kitty Genovese case in NYC in the 1960s.  If you don't, Google it.

@Pearlee Everyone thought someone else would call as I remember.